Want an Aussie Locker for the front R180 diff?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

jorgecar

Want an Aussie Locker for the front R180 diff?

Postby jorgecar » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:14 pm

FYI
Folks over at TheNewX.org and at ClubFrontier.org have been emailing Aussie Lockers for a solution for the front R180. I suggest you all do the same, so they know there's a market for it and we get our fix for the front diff.

I emailed them yesterday, this was their response:
"We are looking at the R180 and a couple of other Nissan models now. Possibly we will have something to announce in about 30 days but we are not making any commitments right now.

We appreciate your interest in the Aussie Locker."

Who knows, email them also on a possible locker for the R200 diffs on the rear of the Pathy, if there's demand they might develop the thing!

You can reach them here: Aussie Locker

cheers!

yarilo

Postby yarilo » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:21 am

jorgecar - are you really think that we need front diff? For our Pathy ARB producing rear diff lock which you can use without any probs. Not sure we need them both, I mean - installation of rear will give you probably everything you need.

ciao,
Makc

jorgecar

Postby jorgecar » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:21 pm

yarilo wrote:jorgecar - are you really think that we need front diff? For our Pathy ARB producing rear diff lock which you can use without any probs. Not sure we need them both, I mean - installation of rear will give you probably everything you need.

ciao,
Makc
Well, it depends...my specific vehicle trim doesn't even have ABLS, so I get stuck in ridiculously easy situations and very often need help to get out. Also, if you're into tough rocky trails and other difficult offroading situations with mud and deep ruts, having the ability to lock both diffs is a plus!

If your Pathy is only driven on tarmac/bitumen and light gravel roads, you probably don't even need a 4x4, I'll give you that.

Aussie Lockers cost under US$400 and that's very cheap peace of mind if you're far away from home in the middle of nowhere, if you ask me. At that price I can afford it and want one!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”