2009 Death Valley get together

Regional discussions and Get Together organization Southwest. Wow is it hot states.

Moderator: volvite

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:10 am

Saturday would be fine with me. Ragpaoa, can you make it that Saturday?

Jim, you live close enough that you could still head down Friday after work and get one night's worth of camping in.

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:16 am

i know...but i have a bad feeling i will be busting my hump to get the presentation ready for the meeting...and that may eat friday

will do my best though!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:54 pm

Okay, guys. Time to chime in. Who's coming when, and what would you like to do? It's next week, so we're kind of butting into crunch time.

Again, I leave for DV on Wednesday morning, and plan on driving back on Sunday.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:21 pm

Damn, really wish we could go, take lots of pictures :(

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:29 am

RacerZX wrote:Damn, really wish we could go, take lots of pictures :(
I wish you could go too! We'll all drink a nice cold water in your name, although I'm still not positive who the "all" will be.

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:23 am

i will find a way to be part of it...still dunno if i can camp, but will for sure be able to meet you on saturday for some playing

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:30 am

Jim,

What time on Saturday? I'm not sure if you had decided on anything in terms of sightseeing, but we could meet up at the Furnace Creek Visitor's Center. I just need a time.

It seems ragpaoa always has a hard time finding this thread, so I'll shoot him a reminder PM as well. As far as I know, he's still going.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:00 am

So out of the blue, my GF and I had a weekend free and decided literally last Friday afternoon to do a crazy DV sprint weekend. Leaving about 8PM we hit Mojave at 1AM. Next morning we drove up through Ridgcrest to Panamint Springs to tank up, and then into the wilds on Saline Valley Road, up over Hunter Mountain and down to Race Track for lunch, then looped up through Ubehebe Crater and north to the Eureka Dunes for dinner and camping over night. Yesterday morning we exited the park briefly to Big Pine to get gas, then back sound down Saline Valley road to the hot springs for lunch and a soak before driving out the rest of the way to dinner at Panamint Springs before driving home, arriving back in SJ at 1:30AM. Was one of those trips that was so short and action packed I've got mental whiplash here at work today...18 hours ago we were in a hot spring 30 miles from the nearest paved road in the middle of no where enjoying the sunshine and view of Saline Valley :-P

The weather was perfect, roads in great condition, lots of wildflowers too, you all are going to have a great trip!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:20 pm

How was the road over Hunter Mountain? Glad to hear that you at least made it down there. That was quick!

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:59 pm

ok....i will for sure be able to play on saturday. any thoughts yet as to a plan?

**just saw your post about meeting at FC. that is cool. early am at some point i assume?

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:33 pm

Hunter Mountain was no problem at all, really quite easy. Last time I did it was years ago in a AWD Murano with snow, that was much more fun :wink:

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:19 am

guinnessjim wrote:ok....i will for sure be able to play on saturday. any thoughts yet as to a plan?

**just saw your post about meeting at FC. that is cool. early am at some point i assume?
I still haven't heard from ragpaoa, even after shooting him a PM. IF he reads it & IF he's still planning on going, I propose we all meet at the Furnace Creek Visitor's Center at 9:00am on Saturday. My life's been far too chaotic the last couple of months to really even sit down and think about anything, so we'll just have to take a vote when we meet up as to what we want to do. I had actually been thinking that the racetrack might be good. Throw in a couple of stops along the way & we can certainly make a day out of it. Lots of options to choose from.

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:25 am

sorry for the chaos, NVS....hope this trip is a nice break fro you.

that sounds like a good plan....FC, 9AM. i promise we'll be on time this year :wink:

see you (and hopefully R) in a couple days.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:12 am

Here's our pictures finally, looking forward to the ones from this weekend!
http://picasaweb.google.com/cmerritt95117/DeathValley09

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:41 am

Hey guys,

Man, I'm having a difficult time trying to schedule my trip out there. My wife's close uncle died this past Monday so they are scheduling the wake this Sunday. Trying to make it out for Saturday, but then I will have to leave Friday which doesn't look like I can . Ugh ... I'll let you know for sure by the end of today.

Return to “Southwest US”