Tyre choice and milage from them on an R51

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

philln01

Tyre choice and milage from them on an R51

Postby philln01 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:29 am

I'm due to replace my factory fitted set of continentals after what i think is a very good 53K Kilometers.(32K Miles). What have people replaced them with and what milage do you get. Upto now my pathy has seen little in the way of off road. Dirt roads and Boat ramps are our weekend haunts although these can be quite scary!
I would like to start some more easy offroad driving. Would Bridgestone Duellers be a good choice. The original continentals are difficult to get hold off here in Australia or im looking in the wrong places.
Any expeiriences would be good. heres hoping for info. :!: :!:

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:17 am

welcome... i have no first-hand experience with tires for this truck, since i have yet to replace any on my PF. there are a couple tires that people generally recommend. for relatively light off-roading i would probably tell you to look into a good all-terrain tire. nothing too agressive, where your on-road drivability will suffer. BF Goodridge All Terrain T/A KO comes to mind.

also, have you checked on the PCOA? its an austalian forum for pathfinder owners... you may get a better idea of what is locally available for you.

~mike

philln01

Postby philln01 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:12 pm

Cheers monkey like, see i told you i was looking in the wrong place for my answers.

Ill be getting prices on the BF today.

Return to “General Automotive”