The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Scratch removal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Detailing Details
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NVSteve
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Scratch removal Reply with quote

A couple of weeks ago while in Death Valley, I drove on a little trail that was completely overgrown on both sides by 4' - 5' sagebrush & other trees and nasty bushes. I could hear the high pitched scraping noise for about 1/2 a mile or so there, and then when I returned. Anyway, I scraped the crap out of both sides of the Pathfinder, from the front bumper to the rear. After researching a bit, I bought some of this stuff:

It seems to have worked fairly well, although I'll still need to work on a couple of the larger scratches as soon as my touch up paint arrives. Then I'll have to fix some big dings in my hood & wax the beast. If it survives the crazy wax I use, it should last quite a while.

Driver's side door before:

After:

Driver's side rear door before:

After:

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same thing last year and i just buffed them out the best i could with my drill. Looks good i may have to try it out. How much did that little kit run you?
2005 Pathfinder 4x4*AFE cai*Flo-Pro V Force exhaust*H2 tire carrier*Custom lightbar*optima yellow top*HD cargo tie downs*interior hatch release*stealthed wheels, headlights, grill and rear trim*bedlined bumpers*All Day Fab 2" front spacers*Rancho quick lift rear spacers*ABS Bypass switch*
www.myinteriormagic.com
POTM November 2010**WINNER**
NVSteve
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOTGOO wrote:
How much did that little kit run you?

$13.99 on Amazon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Detailing Details All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: