More Pics of SW Colorado Trip

Use that 4x4 switch on your Path and go get dirty!

Moderator: volvite

richardekirby

More Pics of SW Colorado Trip

Postby richardekirby » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:01 pm

I finished downloading our pictures to the computer today and thought I would share some of my favorites. I had no idea we took so many. Man, I love digital cameras!!!

These are from Corkscrew. There was a lot of snow still up here and it was one of the only passes open. The first pic shows Hurricane Pass in the top left and California Gulch in the bottom right; both were closed.

These were taken going up to Yankee Boy Basin. Governor Basin was closed. It split off of Yankee Boy and crossed the creek down from the waterfalls in the first pic. Needless to say, it was closed just before the creek crossing. Imogene Pass can be seen in the second pic (also closed).

We saw lots of critters, mostly marmots. The first little guy was pure accident. We stopped on the trail to take a picture and I looked out my window and saw him in the rocks. He was only about 3 feet away and never moved. I guess he thought if he did not move, I could not see him. The second one was barking at my wife while she was trying to film me coming down a hill. Most of the deer and elk were seen after dark, but we got one.

This is a pic of downtown Telluride. You can see the switchbacks of Black Bear Pass in the background. You guessed it...it was closed also.

More random pics.

Heading back to Texas, we stopped at the Great Sand Dunes National Park. It was worth checking out.

As we get closer to home, the terrain gets a lot flatter.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:57 am

GREAT pics!!!!!

Return to “Offroad Adventures”