The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
-1 for Salazar Kia Subaru in Avondale Arizona

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Praise or Postal?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madrock

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: -1 for Salazar Kia Subaru in Avondale Arizona Reply with quote

The sales people at Salazar were pleasant, however, the finance department is an absolute joke. I had a short sale last summer, and it dinged my credit over 120 points dropping me from the mid 700s to the bottom 600s so I knew I would have a difficult time getting a decent interest rate. I got pre-approved through my credit union, so that was one less hassle for me.

The finance guy offered me a deal that if I would purchase the GAP insurance from them (which I was going to do even though I had equity in the Jeep I was trading in), he would get me an interest rate 3% lower than what I had been pre-qualified for through my credit union. I took him on his offer.

Three weeks later, the lien holder of my Jeep called saying I was 3 weeks late on my payment. The dealership had not paid off my trade-in, so I was on the hook. I called the finance guy who said the finance company for the Pathy needed additional paperwork, and I would need to talk to them directly. I asked why he didn't tell me sooner, he said he figured I would have called him if I was concerned. He said they would not pay off the trade-in until the Pathy was funded Evil or Very Mad

I called the finance company, and they said they needed a copy of my driver license. The copy of the driver license the dealership sent them was way too dark, and they would need me to fax them a better copy. I sent it that same day, and they confirmed to me that same day that the Pathy was funded. Four days later, they still had not cut a check for the Jeep. He told me I had not contacted the finance company like I was supposed. I called him out on his BS, and he finally cut the check!

Lesson learned: If you trade-in a vehicle, NEVER sign the contract until you have a signed letter from the dealership promising to pay off your trade-in by the date you specify (before the payoff amount goes up).
Air Box Mod
Grille Mod
PRG Mini Lift
Recovery hitch receiver
265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> Praise or Postal? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: