broke down but now it's okay, need advice

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

burgertime1

broke down but now it's okay, need advice

Postby burgertime1 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:48 pm

Hello, I just got a 1990 Pathfinder XE Automatic with 250,000km and have just joined this forum today. I have been having a problem that seems to be fuel delivery related. I looked through the posts and didn't find anything really similar, so I thought I'd ask seeing as how this is my first Nissan and don't know if this is common. It runs great and doesn't seem to have any obvious problems but after I drive it for some time and park it, when I come back it won't start. If I come back to it a few hours later it starts up fine and doesn't seem like anything is wrong. Trouble is that I can't get it to do it again to check it out further. From my other experiences with these kinds of symptoms I would tend to think it's a bad fuel pump or relay, but any advice is welcome and appreciated as I don't really know what problems are common in these vehicles. Other than this I'm very happy with it, seems like a pretty sweet truck. Also I should mention that I think theres something wrong with the fuel sender because I got it with a quarter tank and put in $30 now it registers 1/2 tank. Can't see how a sender would stop it from running though? Thanks.

wizard0ne0

Postby wizard0ne0 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:12 pm

hmm not sure whether its the same problem, but I had a similar problem that was caused by the battery sliding around and pulling out a plug which I assume is for the fuel pump, it is white and green and is attached to the battery cables.

burgertime1

Postby burgertime1 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:14 am

I'll have a look at that in the morning and make sure its all hooked up and hold down is good, thanks for the suggestion

DarkSupra2.5

Postby DarkSupra2.5 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:45 pm

I had the same problem for a while as well. wizard is right, there's a plug on the battery that deals with the fuel pump power supply. I cut off the plug and wired it all in directly so i didn't have to worry about it pulling out anymore. works wonders.

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”