Aftermarket stereo installed (by dealer) - want more...

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

Spamcan

Aftermarket stereo installed (by dealer) - want more...

Postby Spamcan » Tue May 25, 2010 9:31 am

I just bought an '05 Pathy SE 4x4. I don't know what all the standard bells and whistles are. But the steering wheel has the volume/station controls. But, per the "Certified Pre-Owned" paperwork, the factory system was not working. So they had an audio shop install a single-height Pioneer CD unit (with the cubby/holder space below it). OK, the sound and all is OK. But they didn't hook up the controls from the steering wheel. Our Xterra has them and love the controls. So I want to add this to the Pioneer, OR replace it with a full size model (that fits the full space).

I looked on Crutchfield, but it asks if it has the Bose system or not. I have no idea. Looking on various microfiche sites (like CourtesyNissan.com) I don't even see a type of stereo for my year that only fills that space. The ones listed have a NAV screen and controls all down the console, not just at the screen area. On my console, everything below the system "pocket" is standard climate and other controls. So I'm hoping someone can help me out here.
1. Any idea WHAT system my Pathy had?
2. Are there any add-on parts that I can add to use the steering controls to the Pioneer (or where to point me to start finding out)?
3. Any suggestions as to what full size system would work with the steering controls?
a. Would at minimum like: Bluetooth, MP3/iPod, CD/CD-R. After that depending on price I'd consider NAV/GPS and/or DVD.

Thanks for any help!!!

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:48 am

I would upgrade it to a full size stereo with the NAV/GPS and/or DVD.

If you call your local dealership parts department with the VIN # they should be able to tell you what the vehicle came with.

Spamcan

Postby Spamcan » Tue May 25, 2010 9:59 am

It's going to the dealer tomorrow for the parts/repairs from the sale (Due Bill), so I will inquire within!! Thanks!!

Spamcan

Postby Spamcan » Tue May 25, 2010 11:52 am

I was just in the Pathy and saw the sub-woofer in back - it says Bose on it, so that answers that question...

tariqhu9

I just installed a pioneer in my 06 pathy.

Postby tariqhu9 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:53 am

There were two adapters that I needed. Both made by pac-audio. For the steering wheel control, its the swi-ps.

If you really do have bose, you'll also need the soem4. I'm not sure how the dealer got sound without having this adapter. They may have put it in or know some other tricks that I'm not aware of.

I got the pioneer avh4200. I cant believe how good this thing sounds with the bose speakers.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”