The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Sat and iPod in '06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caseyr02

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Sat and iPod in '06 Reply with quote

Does anyone have the factory installed iPod interface and/or factory installed Satelite? If so I have a couple of questions...

#1 - With the Ipod, I'm curious how well the interface works (ie: does it display across the screen, sound quality, etc.)

#2 - Is the factory installed Satelite radio controlled all in dash, or does it require the external player. (I know that you you have to pay the extra $300 bucks at the dealer for the tuner, but does that mean that it works via your radios controls?)
Middle Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XM is all built in the dash. Controls in dash or left thumb on the steering wheel. The information display is rather limited (nothing like the XM aftermarket units) and you can select four different displays. I have been disappointed with the sound quality of XM.

I am not sure if you can run both XM and IPOD, my understanding is it is an either or proposition.
caseyr02

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what all comes across on the display? Just station name or does the artist/track title scroll across too?
Middle Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No scrolling on XM stations, just your choice of station number, station name, or artist IIRC. FM stations that broadcast with a digital signal can do a little more. The FM station name or the song/artist will display or scroll, but that is the broadcaster's choice.
Burt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The X-M quality works fine for me but the interface compared to another 3rd party mfg on a Tahoe is limited. When searching names you only get 7 or 8 digits of info and no scrolling. The button sequence is also convoluted compared to others I have used. If I were to do it over I would be checking to see if the limitations are the factory Bose radio or the X-M and Ipod interfaces.
Factory Ipod interface with 30G Ipod
AirLift 1000 System for tighter ride
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: