Adding mp3 jack to 2010 S

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

SnakeCharmer

Adding mp3 jack to 2010 S

Postby SnakeCharmer » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:37 pm

We just traded in our 2007 Explorer on an S model yesterday and were surprised that the Pathfinder didnt have an Ipod jack. Kind of thought that was standard equipment on pretty much anything now days. The dealer said he would add it and worked it into the deal. We have to take it back in to get it done and I was wondering if anybody had ever done this since as far as I can tell, it isnt even an option on the S model. I just dont want our truck hacked up so I am wondering what the dealer might be planning on doing.

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:28 pm

There was a plug under the dash on the drivers side of my 2005. It was plug and play. Easy to do without any splicing.

SnakeCharmer

Postby SnakeCharmer » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:29 am

Did you just have the base am/fm/cd headunit? I dont see a button on ours for AUX input and on the SE models, the plug is part of the little pocket under the heater controls. I am assuming they will swap out that pocket but as far as I can tell, there is only the base head unit or the high end one in the SE that the whole dash is different. Is there a middle of the road unit that will fit in the same spot as the base unit?

pawjr74

Postby pawjr74 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:58 am

SnakeCharmer wrote:Did you just have the base am/fm/cd headunit? I dont see a button on ours for AUX input and on the SE models, the plug is part of the little pocket under the heater controls. I am assuming they will swap out that pocket but as far as I can tell, there is only the base head unit or the high end one in the SE that the whole dash is different. Is there a middle of the road unit that will fit in the same spot as the base unit?
I have the Bose system. I purchased the Ipod interface kit from Nissan.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan-ipo ... 68846.html

It plugs in under the dash on the left side near the kick panel. I then had to route the plug to the glove box. The Ipod stays inside the glove box and I can control it through the stereo.

SnakeCharmer

Postby SnakeCharmer » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:03 am

Ok, ya thats different than what we have. We dont have the Bose system and Im not convinced the base model radio has the ability to add the MP3 jack. Its not supposes to be the IPOD interface, just a regular 3.5mm plug to plug in any mp3 player.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”