Postby NVSteve » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:06 pm

jasunderland wrote:that looks awesome!
I'd have to agree. Very nice work.

HillbillyJake

Postby HillbillyJake » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:50 pm

very nice work. it looks great

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:43 pm

jasunderland wrote:that looks awesome! I like the square one with the angled middle bars. What would you charge for an unpainted one?
Thanks. I sent you a PM.

NYPathfinder

Postby NYPathfinder » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:54 pm

richardekirby wrote:
jasunderland wrote:that looks awesome! I like the square one with the angled middle bars. What would you charge for an unpainted one?
Thanks. I sent you a PM.
send me one also please.

richardekirby

Postby richardekirby » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:26 pm

The light bar for NVSteve is done. I put the finishing touches on it today and coated it with metal prep. Here's the final result:

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:54 am

Looks very nice! I humbly bow to your prowess.

Before I get this in my hands, anyone have any opinions on what would look best?

1. Paint the bar with a similar (doubt it would be exact) color as the rest of my Pathfinder.
2. Bedliner the entire thing and leave as-is.
3. Bedliner, then paint with same color as the Pathfinder.

I'm not sure about bedlining & painting. A number of different sites have people who have done it with both good & bad results. One of the bedliner mfrs. posted that it can't be done, but a number of people have done it and the paint has been holding fine for a few years.

rlh2005

Postby rlh2005 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:47 pm

NVSteve wrote: I'm not sure about bedlining & painting. A number of different sites have people who have done it with both good & bad results. One of the bedliner mfrs. posted that it can't be done, but a number of people have done it and the paint has been holding fine for a few years.
Why not have the bedliner tinted to match? When I had the spray-on bedliner sprayed into my F-150, the sprayer offered to tint the liner to match the truck's color. If memory serves, that liner was Ameriguard or something like that. Line-X's web site says they offer tinted spray-on liners. You can also get tintable do-it-yourself kits.

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:10 pm

NVSteve wrote:Looks very nice! I humbly bow to your prowess.

Before I get this in my hands, anyone have any opinions on what would look best?

1. Paint the bar with a similar (doubt it would be exact) color as the rest of my Pathfinder.
2. Bedliner the entire thing and leave as-is.
3. Bedliner, then paint with same color as the Pathfinder.

I'm not sure about bedlining & painting. A number of different sites have people who have done it with both good & bad results. One of the bedliner mfrs. posted that it can't be done, but a number of people have done it and the paint has been holding fine for a few years.
I used VHT black epoxy comes in a rattle can on my light bar seems to be holding up great.

jasunderland

Postby jasunderland » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:15 am

I was going to powder coat mine. (that was until my wife said she didn't want/need one :( ) She did mention chroming it though... Our pathy is blue and i thought a textured black (what we have here at work) would have looked neat on it.

I dont think you should paint it the same color as the car.... make it contrast a little.

on the topic of bed liner, i used a roll/brush on bed liner on my Toro Timecutter Z ZTR mower... where your feet go.... it is turned out really well.
a quart was like 30 bucks at a lowes.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:59 am

jasunderland wrote:I dont think you should paint it the same color as the car.... make it contrast a little.
That's the thing though, I don't really want it to stand out any more than necessary. I'd like for it to blend in as much as possible, speaking of the bar only. Nothing I can really do to make 4x 6" lights inconspicuous.

One of the posts I found out there showed a white Tundra with a matching white light bar. It looked like it was part of the truck & really looked good. But, paint in the front of the car will get eaten up real quick, so that's why I'd really like a durable finish such as bedliner.
on the topic of bed liner, i used a roll/brush on bed liner on my Toro Timecutter Z ZTR mower... where your feet go.... it is turned out really well.
I spent far too much for a can of Duraliner when I redid my sliders, and I still have a bit more than half a can left that I can use for the light bar. Great stuff & very simple to apply. I think the difference between Duraliner and the rest is that Duraliner has a very chunky (not gritty) finish.
a quart was like 30 bucks at a lowes.[/quote]

jasunderland

Postby jasunderland » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:27 pm

I used something from Menards... called Hurculiner

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”