2005 w/Bose, need another option.

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

FAULTLINE

2005 w/Bose, need another option.

Postby FAULTLINE » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:39 pm

I have read various posts that come close to what i'm looking for but not quite. I have a 2005 se off road with the bose and rear DVD.(no nav)
My stock bose cd changer has a cd stuck in it, so i'm stuck with using my DVD player or hooking my ipod through the Audio inputs on the DVD player.

I"M not all that impressed with the Bose head unit ( no real E.Q. shaping)
so instead of sending off the bose, I want to trash it and find a good double din head unit compatible with the retarded 2 ohm Bose speakers but also have the ability to use the same head unit with better speakers later.

I'm not looking for a DVD screen or back up camera, just a simple CD player with good E.Q. capability and an ipod hook up would be nice as well.

while I'm searching for the unobtanium ( probably), is the something like a booster for AM radio reception? I listen to loud METAL and AM talk radio, no in betweens.

Also, it would be killer if I could retain the steering wheel Audio controls.

thanks and sorry if this has been covered and i missed it.

USCJustice

Postby USCJustice » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:49 pm

For keeping the Radio Controls, you are looking for a PAC kit. they will be specific to the Nissan and to whichever radio you choose.

Not sure what to tell you about amplifying AM radio. I'm pretty much only listening to the XM in my Pathy these days.

I have the Pioneer Avic 910XBT. love the unit. does Nav, CD, DVD, SD card, Ipod direct control, built in bluetooth, etc. You can find it new for sub $500. very solid unit.

So far as working with the Bose unit in the Pathy, there is a wiring harness made by Scosche that does the job, and another one I think my Metra Links that does the same.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142C4NN03/ ... er&tp=3486 here is the crutchfield link. you can get it on ebay too.

Hope that helps a bit.
Donald

FAULTLINE

Postby FAULTLINE » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:07 am

thank you for the info, looks like it's time to start saving some $$$$

USCJustice

Postby USCJustice » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:51 pm

lemme know if you want pics of my set up or need any other help with it. pretty easy really. all a matter of funds. You can also look at the Pioneer D3 (last generation). I have a D3 in my other Pathy, and enjoy it as well. it's a nice unit, just not quite as many bells and whistles.

Check out Craigslist, and Ebay for the head unit. I also have known people who like the Kenwood deck as well (theirs is very similar but uses garmin based coding for their Nav portion).

If you want to learn more about the Pioneer units, go to www.avic411.com. I have found them really helpful over the years.

have you thought about headlight upgrades? I upgraded both foglights and Headlights to the DDMTuning HID's and I gotta tell you that has probably been the best upgrade I have made to my 05 Pathy.

Buzz0515

Postby Buzz0515 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:32 am

I just installed a Kenwood double-din, the DDX896, in my 05 SE with BOSE a couple of weeks ago and it works great. Has a ton of audio control from equalizer, to full speaker crossover control.

I used this:
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=e ... 386c77b788
To interface the new head unit with the BOSE stock amp and it works like a charm.

I also used the PAC steering wheel control adapter. It takes some extra time and effort to install and program it, but it works well and is def. worth the time and money investment, IMO.

Jgwin214

Postby Jgwin214 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:39 pm

Got an 05 SE with the Bose and rear dvd also, about to install a Kenwood DNX6160 nav/dvd unit in the dash. Does anyone know if i can still use the rear dvd player with the new radio?

Will i just have to connect my new radios audio/video out to the inputs on the rear dvd player?

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”