How to replace done light bulb?

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

Kami

How to replace done light bulb?

Postby Kami » Thu May 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi everyone,

If someone can please assist in how to replace a new bulb (led) in the front done fixture (2 seperate lights) on a 08 Pathfinder. They press in and out to turn on/off. But cant see anyway of opening it to replace bulb :(

Thanks

Much appericated in advance

Kami.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri May 28, 2010 10:45 am

Carefully. I did the same thing with mine. See this post:

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... ght=#11912

I ended up removing the dome light assembly from the end facing the front of the vehicle. That's where the clips are. The rear of the assembly doesn't have the clips. So, gently pull on the front of the assembly until it pops out. I had to use a tool I have that removes trim panels & it took me some time because of how much force I was using & being scared of trashing the entire assembly. However, if you read the last post in the link above, it seems you can simply pry off the lenses rather than dealing with the entire assembly. Should be pretty simple, just remember everything is fragile plastic.

Kami

Postby Kami » Fri May 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Thanks NVSteve, very helpfull!! :)

See u around....

Kami

Kami

Postby Kami » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:54 pm

So finally got all the bulbs in the mail from ebay. Ended up using a butter knife (metal lol) to slip between the plastic cover and pop the cover out, super easy with no damage!!

PIC:

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:00 pm

dude, you should rename ur car to pathfinder LE-D :lol:

Kami

Postby Kami » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:22 pm

mar1 wrote:dude, you should rename ur car to pathfinder LE-D :lol:
ROFL...creative!

Yea iam a huge fan of the white LEDs 8)

altitudeimporters

LEDs

Postby altitudeimporters » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:47 pm

Do you guys find that you have a decent interest in doing the LED swap for your Pathfinders? We have been doing them for Titans and Armadas for quite some time with good results and see the Nissan brand as being pretty consistent with the usage of same-type bulbs. Noticed that the festoon bulb was being replaced with a four LED bulb. That bulb is a 1210 type LED where we have been upgrading the bulb to a 6LED bulb that is still 31mm but uses a 3 chip 5050 LED type bulb that drastically improves light output. We also have bulbs for the rest of the X interior and some exterior lights as well. Here are some clips from the Titan and Armada crowds...

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-i ... perts.html

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16254

Kami

Postby Kami » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:22 am

Yea was considering the 31mm 6led bulb didnt check the space in the dome before buying but theres just enough to put those in, but dont want to waste money...althought way brighter :)

I've got an addiction to White(cool-6K) lights and black vehicles lol. Plus makes the biggest difference with looks....the ladies love it too ;)

altitudeimporters

Postby altitudeimporters » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Yeah we did a lot of research on what others price their LEDs at versus what they actually cost from the suppliers etc. It looks like VLEDs priced those at $11+ per bulb when we only priced the 6LED with the larger LEDs at $5 per bulb and free shipping.

hamncheese

Postby hamncheese » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:28 pm

NVSteve wrote:Carefully. I did the same thing with mine. See this post:

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... ght=#11912

I ended up removing the dome light assembly from the end facing the front of the vehicle. That's where the clips are. The rear of the assembly doesn't have the clips. So, gently pull on the front of the assembly until it pops out. I had to use a tool I have that removes trim panels & it took me some time because of how much force I was using & being scared of trashing the entire assembly. However, if you read the last post in the link above, it seems you can simply pry off the lenses rather than dealing with the entire assembly. Should be pretty simple, just remember everything is fragile plastic.

Replaced mine today, the poster is correct, all you need is to pop out the clear lense. Start from the side that doesn't push in. It will pop out from there then continue to pry it out to where it pushes in. Once I did it this way, took me less than five minutes to replace all of my interior dome lights

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”