Hello From Winnipeg, Canada

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

geoffstgermaine

Hello From Winnipeg, Canada

Postby geoffstgermaine » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:25 pm

I bought a used 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE about a week ago. So far I'm very happy with the vehicle and look forward to doing to mods to it, both inside and out. I'm hoping to find some help here on the forum.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:52 pm

Beautiful blue you have there, welcome to the forum.

I'm curious, how's the full time AWD system on the LE handle the partly snowy/icy roads you have there? It's always interesting trying to decide how bad to let things get before locking the 4x4 mode on my SE....

geoffstgermaine

Postby geoffstgermaine » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:48 pm

Thanks RacerZX.

I've had no issues with the auto mode. I'm not entirely sure how often the system actually powers the front wheels. I assume that it will indicate it is in 4wd by lighting up the transfer case and I've never noticed it come on. Regardless, I haven't had any issues with it on ice or snow.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:12 am

Nice truck. Your 4wd indicator won't light up when in auto mode. The system is designed to use 4wd on starts and when it detects slipping. It drags your mileage down a little, but you probably have a need for the additional traction most of the year anyway. During summer, put it in 2wd mode. Enjoy.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”