Tim Dahle Nissan, UT, Murray and Sandy locations

Discuss your dealer buying and servicing experiences here. And just the facts mam, let's keep the libel to a minimum please.

Moderator: volvite

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Tim Dahle Nissan, UT, Murray and Sandy locations

Postby NVSteve » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:43 pm

While hunting for a dealer to purchase from back in December of '06, I had two opposite experiences at both of these dealerships.

I walked into Tim Dahle Nissan of Sandy and was helped out by the sales manager as all of the sales reps were assisting other customers. From the start, the guy did not seem to want anything I had to say about anything. While he did show me around the vehicles on the lot, he had no interest in helping me order a Pathfinder to my own particular specs, but rather just kept pushing me to get something off the lot. If they didn't care about what I wanted, then they would not get my business.

Since I found that none of the dealerships in Utah, or the western US for that matter, had a Pathfinder matching what I wanted, I went about emailing numerous dealerships for quotes. Tim Dahle of Sandy never responded, which was no surprise. Of all the dealerships that responded, my best response was with the Internet Sales Manager at Tim Dahle Nissan of Murray. I told him exactly what I wanted, and exactly what I knew it was worth, what their profit margin was & how much I was willing to pay. I offered them $200 over their cost & he agreed to it. Very stress-free experience in all. Once the vehicle arrived some 2.5 months later, I had to stop by & fill out the paperwork. Their finance guy really tried to push me on useless extras, and even included a couple of fees within the contract that I made him remove. If I have to get another Nissan, I'm pretty sure I'll try these guys first. A nice bonus is that they gave me 3 years of free oil changes & some free tire replacement program for as long as I own it, although I will not be taking them up on the tire offer (I don't want stock tires perpetually).

Return to “Praise or Postal?”