First 2010 SE, need BU cam, USB input or iPod input

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

netslacker

First 2010 SE, need BU cam, USB input or iPod input

Postby netslacker » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:14 pm

I just bought our first Nissan (2010 Pathfinder SE) last night. I'm looking to add a backup camera and either a USB connect (play mp3 from usb drive) or ipod connector (play music from ipod) to the factory stereo (not via crappy aux input but with text display).

I have the information screen but it is not the Bose version and does not have factory navigation (but does play mp3 via burned cd).

Any options for connecting a bu camera? what do people recommend for USB or iPod connector? I see there are products out there but it's rather confusing on what will actually work vs what will not. I don't care of the bu cam is not factory (in fact I prefer due to steep cost of factory camera).

Any suggestions or feedback is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Rogue9

Postby Rogue9 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:27 am

I thought 2010's had back up cameras???

U can go buy a secondary monitor and camera.
There are kits that plug into the sat radio option for the headunit and become the input for an ipod.
I'm on vacation so can't get the brand, if no one replies when i get home I;ll go llook.

netslacker

Postby netslacker » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:30 am

There are two versions of SE's in 2010, you have to get the SE w/ the Journey package in order to get BU camera, auto headlights, and Bose (something like that anyways).

I see there are a couple of versions of these input devices. I'm really looking for two if I'm figuring correctly - one for video (bu camera) and the other for audio (USB/iPhone connector).

I've looked into the Nissan OEM iPod connector that others have mentioned, it's supposedly a snap to install but it does not support the more recent generations of devices which makes it almost useless.

For video (bu camera and another source) it's probably the "nav2go" product that provides a bu cam input.

For audio there's several devices out there including one from Grom that looks promising.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:41 pm

I know your looking at multiple devices to hook up, but I'm looking for just the ipod connector. Have you seen anything other than the OEM that would work?

netslacker

Postby netslacker » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:56 pm

There are a couple of devices, each one it seems with varying capabilities.

gromaudio.com has an ipod integration and a usb/aux/ipod one as well. I'm looking at the latter since I really just want to use an 8gb usb thumb drive loaded with music, put it in the glove box and forget about it for a few weeks until the music is updated. iPods are too expensive to leave in the car and are often stolen so I'm leaning towards just using a USB drive. Hassle is another drive for me, I really don't want to be plugging in / unplugging my iPhone or iPod every time I get in the car. Just want it simple but with lotsa music.

iSimple has a device though I'm not sure if it's the right one for me. I don't have a link ready but just google iSimple ipod integration.

USA Spec has a device for ipods as well. This looks rather promising for an ios option since they claim it works with current devices (iPhone 4, etc):
http://usaspec.com/product.php?ProductI ... wProduct=1

Ideally I'd like to find one device that is USB and video inputs, but that may be wishful thinking..

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”