Shrockworks front bumper:

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

goblue90

Shrockworks front bumper:

Postby goblue90 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:19 pm

I picked up my bumper from the powder coater yesterday morning, started the install around 2pm and wrapped up around 7pm. It wasn't difficult at all, but definitely would've been easier to install with 2 individuals. Anyway, here are pics:

I couldn't have installed it myself without my $99 Harbor Freight shop crane (and a floor jack):

It was raining, so I did the install in my backyard on my covered patio:

Done!

Last edited by goblue90 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:22 am, edited 4 times in total.

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:55 pm

nice! how did you decide on the shrockworks one?

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:02 pm

guinnessjim wrote:nice! how did you decide on the shrockworks one?
Thanks! Well, there aren't that many choices to begin with (KMA, Shrockworks, Heftyfabworks are the ones I know of)... I really liked the way the Shrock looks on the Frontiers. The Hefty bumpers look great on the Xterra, but I'm not a fan of them on the Frontiers. The KMAs look alright. I think they all allow you to achieve greater approach angles, so it's personal preference beyond that. Also, I've read a lot of positive reviews on Shrock stuff (already had the sliders so I know that they make great quality products) and Hefty as well.

GOTGOO
Sponsored Member

Postby GOTGOO » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:24 pm

Very nice! I like how it looks!

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:18 pm

goblue90 wrote:
guinnessjim wrote:nice! how did you decide on the shrockworks one?
Thanks! Well, there aren't that many choices to begin with (KMA, Shrockworks, Heftyfabworks are the ones I know of)... I really liked the way the Shrock looks on the Frontiers. The Hefty bumpers look great on the Xterra, but I'm not a fan of them on the Frontiers. The KMAs look alright. I think they all allow you to achieve greater approach angles, so it's personal preference beyond that. Also, I've read a lot of positive reviews on Shrock stuff (already had the sliders so I know that they make great quality products) and Hefty as well.
yeah....those are the ones i know of as well. i agree about the Hefty...looks great on the X, not so much on the Frontier (would like to see one w/ the prerunner bar instead of the big hoops....think it would be a better fit).

again...looks great.

silver x0ne

Postby silver x0ne » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:47 pm

are those the stock fog lights? and how much do you think that thing weighs? I want to get one but it is another year until the woman isn't commuting the pathfinder =\ that is unless I can get the Z running.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:33 pm

What did it set you back?

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:40 pm

volvite wrote:What did it set you back?
Prices can be found on Shrockwork's website... it wasn't cheap, that's for sure.

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:51 pm

silver x0ne wrote:are those the stock fog lights? and how much do you think that thing weighs? I want to get one but it is another year until the woman isn't commuting the pathfinder =\ that is unless I can get the Z running.
Yes, they're stock fog lights. Shrock's website states 138 lbs with the front skid plate, but i don't know if that includes the center hoop. This is my daily driver as well, that's why I don't keep the skid plates on... I put 'em on when I'm ready to have fun in the dirt!

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:53 pm

I might have missed this, but is this the bumper for the Frontier? You just made it fit the pathfinder?

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:01 pm

volvite wrote:I might have missed this, but is this the bumper for the Frontier? You just made it fit the pathfinder?
Yes, it's for the Frontier. In order to make it fit, you can either:

1) Cut your Pathfinder bumper or
2) Buy the Frontier portion that sits under the headlights and above the bumper.

I opted for the latter as I've got a Frontier owner who wants to buy my stock bumper.

xd9-g19

Postby xd9-g19 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:34 pm

Very nice.

Sfinx

Postby Sfinx » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:54 am

Hi goblue90 :),

Ur car looks very good :). Abit like the same route I have gone with my car. Have Radflo coilovers in front and Radflo in back also with a OME medium spring.
Really liked ur wheels!

Did they fit good with the 275/65/18? I have ordered myself MT-tires in 285/70/17 and from what i can see (www.voxwheels.com) they turn out just abit bigger then ur tires. So I guess they will fit, even if I have to do minor adjustments in the wheelwell (my car is lifted 2.5"). Also ordered black wheels. I have chosen the Cragar Soft 8 rims in steel, 17x8 with a +13mm offsett (+30 original), so the wheels will pop out about 2-3 cm.

What are the specs of ur wheels? Offset? I am looking forward to get the wheels on my car. Probably ready in late may. Will post pictures.

Nice frontbumper aswell! Love to see Pathfinders offroad rigged :)!!

goblue90

Postby goblue90 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:34 am

Sfinx wrote:Hi goblue90 :),

Ur car looks very good :). Abit like the same route I have gone with my car. Have Radflo coilovers in front and Radflo in back also with a OME medium spring.
Really liked ur wheels!

Did they fit good with the 275/65/18? I have ordered myself MT-tires in 285/70/17 and from what i can see (www.voxwheels.com) they turn out just abit bigger then ur tires. So I guess they will fit, even if I have to do minor adjustments in the wheelwell (my car is lifted 2.5"). Also ordered black wheels. I have chosen the Cragar Soft 8 rims in steel, 17x8 with a +13mm offsett (+30 original), so the wheels will pop out about 2-3 cm.

What are the specs of ur wheels? Offset? I am looking forward to get the wheels on my car. Probably ready in late may. Will post pictures.

Nice frontbumper aswell! Love to see Pathfinders offroad rigged :)!!
Thanks Sfinx! The Radflos have been great with the additional weight up front... very, very smooth. The tires I have come out to be a tad over 32" in diameter, and the wheels I'm using have an offset of +18mm. I thought about going up to 33", but I wanted to achieve a lighter wheel/tire weight then my previous 20" wheel/tire combination... with the 18" wheels and 32" tires, I'm saving ~ 5lbs of rotational mass at each corner. :D

I had to cut and do the melt mod on the rear part of the inner fender and also ground down part of the pinch weld behind it. Everything is fine now, but definitely had rubbing issues at first. Post pictures of your set-up when you're done!

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Mon May 23, 2011 7:56 am

Just curious goblue90...,
First off, nice truck. Especially now that I think I saw it in person. Were you traveling Braddock Rd this morning? At any rate, I'm hoping my pathfinder is like yours when it grows up. :)

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”