Pioneer AVH-4300DVD installed

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

GeddyLee

Pioneer AVH-4300DVD installed

Postby GeddyLee » Sun May 15, 2011 4:41 pm

I just got my new Pioneer AVH-4300DVD player installed in the Pathy. I can truly say installing stuff on the Pathy has been a breeze as compared to the old Pontiac :) It took more time splicing and soddering the wiring harnesses than it did to actually install the stereo.

I also went ahead and replaced my front 6x9 factory speakers for my old Memphis Audio M-Class 6x9 speakers and man wow! That made a difference. I tried changing out the rear 6" speakers, but I need to fashion some type of bracket to hold my 6" Memphin M-Class speakers.

The stereo seated well in the console, with only a tad bit of space at the bottom. I will clean that up once I get my rear view camera installed. Here are some photos of the unit.

I also got one of those Park override devices for the 4300 and it works wonderfully. Videos are crisp and clear and the audio runs perfectly.

Thanks for looking....

I drilled a small hole in the very rear top of the cubby hole just to thread through my USB cable. Its pretty clean, no one will ever see it there unless you look hard enough.

07SECrownie

Postby 07SECrownie » Sun May 15, 2011 7:01 pm

WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

And just wondering how much did that cost you? We have the 6 disc cd changer but I would like the capability to have a DVD in the future. Does that unit have video out to put a rear screen in out of the roof.

Does it require a kit to mount?

GeddyLee

Postby GeddyLee » Sun May 15, 2011 9:22 pm

07SECrownie wrote:WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

And just wondering how much did that cost you? We have the 6 disc cd changer but I would like the capability to have a DVD in the future. Does that unit have video out to put a rear screen in out of the roof.

Does it require a kit to mount?
Who Dey back brother!!!! People hate me in St. Louis cause I am a die hard Bengals and Red Legs Fan! And we just took three from St. Louis this weekend! Kick arse!! :D I use to live in Mt. Washington, and my grand parents lived in Oakley back in the day! And I lived in Louisville for 21 years, so I never far from home :)

As for your questions. I got the radio off eBay, from this seller http://shop.ebay.com/dis_sound/m.html for $380 bucks, Crutchfield had the same unit for $499 and I also got this bad boy, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0739496815 , it bypasses the parking brake option, so you can drive with the DVD player playing while you drive.

It has every single option, A/V out and in, iPod/iPhone compatiability, reverse camera input, also with the A/V out option you can hook it into a rear monitor for the kids. That is why we got for our child whom will be born in July, granted of course he will not have a use for it for probably a year or so, but I think of it as an upgrade for the future.

The stereo has a thin face plate that fits between the unit and the dash so it fills in the gaps pretty good. No Metra kit needed. I just took off the rails from the factory stereo and installed them on the Pioneer. The only difference between the two is that the factory unit and the Pioneer is that only 3 of the 4 screws attached to the Pioneer, but it still provided a solid connection when I installed the unit.

I would highly recommend the unit. It is completely upgradable with Bluetooth, HD Radio, Nav, Reverse Camera and other kinds of stuff.

I simply bought the connectors from Crutchfield and the antenna connection from them as well. I then hooked all the wires together and then soddered them up nicely and then used shrink wrap to secure them all nicely. So it made for a clean install. The centerpiece and center dash piece were a dream to take out. I had my tools I got from Harbor Frieght that made it super easy.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Take Care!

anong05

Postby anong05 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:00 am

You picked out a great unit. I have the 4200 in mine and I love the thing. Did yours come with the dash kit? The one I have is giving me problems. I can't seem to fit it so I have a big gap running across the top. And does your radio work well also. I either some how missed soldering the power antenna or I just don't have it because I'm almost positive I got every wire

GeddyLee

Postby GeddyLee » Mon May 16, 2011 7:08 pm

anong05 wrote:You picked out a great unit. I have the 4200 in mine and I love the thing. Did yours come with the dash kit? The one I have is giving me problems. I can't seem to fit it so I have a big gap running across the top. And does your radio work well also. I either some how missed soldering the power antenna or I just don't have it because I'm almost positive I got every wire
Mine did not come with a dash kit persay, it was simply just that thin piece of border that went around the face of the Unit. But nothing else was provided. All the rest of the hardware came from dismantling the factory stereo and adding it to the Pioneer unit.

As for the power issue, I have not had that issue. I went through carefully soddering all wires one by one. And I never experienced an issue like you have. You might have to pull your unit out and disconnect the wiring harnesses and go through each of them again to ensure all power wires, which are gonna be the red ones, and the ground wires, which are gonna be the black ones are soddered together very well.

That is the best I can tell ya on that one.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”