Winter Exterior Prep.

Let's go, Zaino, Mothers, Meguiars...Fight!

Moderator: volvite

njpassint

Winter Exterior Prep.

Postby njpassint » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:55 pm

Hey everybody,

I just bought a new Pathfinder and I love it. 2008, SE, Premium package (the sounds system is amazing) and its Storm Gray. I am trying to figure out a solid plan for prepping for a Wisconsin winter. I've looked at everything from dealer offered Xzilon to Ziebart Diamond Gloss to just sticking with 3M wax and sealant. As of now I'm leaning towards the 3M products. Anyone have any suggestions or tips?

Thanks! :P

Cr@2y Gr33k

Postby Cr@2y Gr33k » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:43 pm

Just give it a nice coat of wax. That should do the trick for the winter.

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:46 pm

I wax it ever other time I wash it so far. Dried salt and grime comes right off with a good hand wash. So far the paint looks great when clean and the snow comes right off on a fresh snow fall.

nutbar78

Postby nutbar78 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:36 pm

Gonzo wrote:I wax it ever other time I wash it so far. Dried salt and grime comes right off with a good hand wash. So far the paint looks great when clean and the snow comes right off on a fresh snow fall.
I love bringing back dead threads......I was always under the impression that its also possible to wax too often and you can wind up damaging the clear coat. No more than 4 times a year. Once evey season.

Return to “Detailing Details”