Windows, drivers seat and alarm doing very strange things

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

David Buck

Windows, drivers seat and alarm doing very strange things

Postby David Buck » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:42 pm

For several weeks now I have had this happen intermittently. When I remotely lock my car and there is no chirp, I will experience the windows down and the drivers seat position changed within an hour or two.

The first inkling that something was wrong was when I locked the car with the remote and there was no chirp. Never put these symptoms together to mean anything until I realized that after the no chirp lock the windows would go down and the seat would change. Thought someone was pranking me, but it happens in front of my house.

I've been getting in the car and rolling up the windows and adjusting the seat everytime this happens. After adjusting everything the chirp comes back when I lock up. It functions properly for a little while and then repeats.

Shavenuw

Poltergeist seat

Postby Shavenuw » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:22 am

I'v had similar problems on my UK PF. Drivers seat would incline/recline move forward/backwards of its own accord. Sometimes when I was sitting on the seat, sometimes I was nowhere near the vehicle. On one occassion the radio volume turned up by itself (but my son was in the vehicle so that may be down to him).

The seat problem is the plastic surround around the seat position buttons on the side of the drivers seat (set into the leather), This pinches on the wire and activates the seat motors. Nissan is looking into this design fault and will issue a redesigned part in a recall.

As for the windows - don't know sorry.

Hope this helps.

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:02 am

It sounds like the control modulator is fried and needs replacing.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”