3in lift?

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Frozen

3in lift?

Postby Frozen » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:57 pm

Looking to do a 3in lift on my 08. Seems like the PRG Radflo kit is the way to go. What kits are you guys using and how to you like it? Any issues? Also looking to run a 33in tire after doing the lift. Will that fit?

Thanks

BattleWagon

Postby BattleWagon » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:08 pm

does that kit come with UCAs?

Frozen

Postby Frozen » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:43 am

I'm not sure, been trying to find out more info about the kit and actual user experience. Also been trying to call PRG but they are probably on vacation.

BattleWagon

Postby BattleWagon » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:56 pm

look at the Bilstein 5100s, maybe scale your lift back to 2" to protect the CVs.

I don't know if there is a dif drop kit for Pathfinders.

IcedTeasley

Postby IcedTeasley » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:20 pm

See my signature for my lift info. But to sum it up I have PRG stuff.

PRG makes kits/components that can include new front Upper Control Arms. I have them. I like them. The new UCAs only provide more negative travel and only if combined with the correct extended front coil over. Talk to Greg @ PRG about your lift if you want PRG stuff. He's very knowledgable about current NIssan trucks. You can lift the front 3" without problems as long as you already have or purchase front LCA alignment cam bolts.

The rear is harder to align after lifting any more than 2.25 to 2.5".

Calmini (purenissan.com) makes a diff drop kit (AKA bracket lift) for R51 Pathfinders. It provides 5" of lift by relocating the factory suspension and diffs.

So what I'm saying is you have to choose between a modest 2ish inch lift that will give you more ground clearance and potentially more articulation or get a bracket lift to gain lots of height but have your diffs sitting just as low as they were before. A few people out there have combined both for a whopping 7" of lift on their R51s. You can make them look like a monster truck if you that's what you're after.

Also, Nissans have pretty stout CVs but I agree with BattleWagon. 2" of lift is better for your drive line. I'm currently running 2.5" in the front and 3" in the rear. My rear alignment is not in spec but drives just fine and my CVs are still operating within specified parameters. Study "The Ultimate Lift Thread". There is a lot of info throughout that thread.

BattleWagon

Postby BattleWagon » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:37 am

sorry, what I meant by "dif drop" was a front differential spacer, on Toyotas there is about an inch clearance between the skid and front dif so by adding a spacer you can lower the dif, and reduce CV angles.

I have one on my Tundra, I'll go crawl under the Pathy to see if it's feasible as I plan on putting some 5100s on soon for 1.5"

Frozen

Postby Frozen » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:00 pm

spoke with grep at PRG today and going to be ordering his kit this week.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”