greetings from me & my "new" 1995 XE-V6

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

ghettorigged

greetings from me & my "new" 1995 XE-V6

Postby ghettorigged » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:14 pm

Just got a 1995 XE-V6 in great shape, minus a small dent on the passenger's side. It had ~92k original miles. So what did I do my first day of driving?...put 758 miles on it! 8)

Rides very smooth with new michelin tires and all the original features seem to work as they should. It needs new tail gate lift arms as the current ones don't hold the gate up. It also made an odd sound a couple times, but I'm hoping it's not typical.

Me? Well I'm a 30 year young woman who loves a good working vehicle that doesn't require much attention, but offers me a lot. My mom had this same model when I was in high school so I'm excited to finally get one in MY hands! I joined the forum so that I can ask questions that I'm sure will arise during my ownership and to make sure I learn about the nuances it may have. I got the Pathfinder to replace a '99 Subaru Forester that has a bad tranny.

Any advice is welcomed so thanks in advance.

cool.

Image[/img]

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Ghettorigged, nice looking truck with low mileage, is it manual or auto transmission. What sort of odd sound is the truck making, if you have the external spare wheel the mounts on those sometimes loosen up and clunk around. Vehicle specific aftermarket tailgate struts are running $35 -$40 each from most sources, Nissan dealerships look to be charging about $150 each.
Last edited by Gray on Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:00 am

Welcome aboard! I always wanted one of those, but it just never worked out for me, so I'll have to settle for the new model I've got. My Dad had an '82 Datsun 4x4 pickup that he sold about 3 years ago. Had about 200k on it and it still worked fine. You made a good choice.

ghettorigged

Postby ghettorigged » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:28 pm

Greybrick wrote:Welcome to the forum Ghettorigged, nice looking truck with low mileage,
Thanks!
is it manual or auto transmission.
It's an automatic.
What sort of odd sound is the truck making, if you have the external spare wheel the mounts on those sometimes loosen up and clunk around.
It's when it goes near 3000 rpms as i start to gather speed in 1st & 2nd gears...it makes a strange "dzzzzhhhhh" sound at the top of the rev, almost like a fast rattle from the front of the car. The tire rack thing seems firm (for now).
Vehicle specific aftermarket tailgate struts are running $35 -$40 each from most sources, Nissan dealerships look to be charging about $150 each.
excellent! I will check out a local pepboys or the like and see what i can find. I'm assuming it's not difficult to change them out? :?:

thanks so much. :)

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:09 pm

Hmmmmm...my brother had one of these trucks, an XE 4x4 with manual everything, it was pretty darn cool and built like a tank. Love those solid old Nissan Hard Body pick-up lines....anyway, those V6s were well known to have the exhaust manifolds crack and/or studs start walking out. First step to debug would be to see if it makes the sound when revving in neutrual, and if so then get somebody to rev the motor for you (or manipulate the throttle body by hand if possible) while you stick your head under the hood and see if you can tell where it's coming from.

Nice truck, welcome to the forum!

ghettorigged

Postby ghettorigged » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:52 pm

Today was my new kid's first snowfall!

:mrgreen:

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”