I Messed with The Headlights....................

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

LILMONEYMAN23

I Messed with The Headlights....................

Postby LILMONEYMAN23 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:56 pm

I installed blue HID like halogen bulbs that a bought.... (BIG MISSTAKE) Turn out they where too powerful for the facotry light harness. It melted the inside of it real bad. Any way I got some heavy duty ones from Pep Boys. I was wiring the new ones up but I let Two of the three wiress that go to the harness touch therefore popping what I hope is a fuse (EASY FIX) . Where is this fuse???? Is it a Type A or B ??? The head light is on the passenger side. Please Help
Thanks

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:55 am

The fuse box is on the passenger side of the engine bay. There are 40 and 50 amp fuses in their for the lighting circuit.

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:45 am

Sorry to hear about your headlamp wiring melting problem. They shouldnt even offer those blue/ HID/ higher wattage bulbs. The headlamp harnesses melting is common... It is not just a Nissan thing. I have seen it ALOT on VW's when people put in the aftermarket, higher intensity bulbs.

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:18 pm

Sorry to hear that you had this problem, it would have been great if Nissan had put in a heavier harness. From the service manual the specified bulb watts are 65/55, what lamp wattage did you install which caused the problem. Thanks.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”