Rust!

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Clay350

Rust!

Postby Clay350 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:31 pm

I plan on keeping my pathfinder a long time. Im starting to think my biggest challenge is going to be rust in the years ahead. After doing a lot of work under my car i couldnt help notice how much rust there was for a 4 year old car. Anyone have any experience with older pathfinders 05-06? Salting roads should be banned.

cgray

Postby cgray » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:58 pm

Mine is getting the same way from Michigan roads. I bought a can of black rustolium and am planning on putting the whole can under it once the temps warm up and I have a free day to tape things off and do some painting.

asgard

Postby asgard » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:56 am

I have an 07, 2 years ago after the winter was over i jacked it up and power washed everything , including inside the main chassis rails. I gave it a week to dry out then applied a coating of rocker panel paint - the one you can over paint. that seemed to stick to the surface.
i get my truck oiled every year - dripless stuff, i works well if a little messy.
Best to get all the salt and grit washed off now before the heat rises and the humidity starts the attack.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”