Custom front bumper?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

XiBowhunter

Custom front bumper?

Postby XiBowhunter » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:22 am

Has anyone ever made a custom front bumper for a 2005 or newer PF? I noticed the bumper seems to go up the side of the fender flares on mine, and I am wondering how in the world I could work around that?

I would like to make a steel bumper in the likness of an ARB bumper if at all possible.

Frozen

Postby Frozen » Sun May 13, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm currently building a front bumper. I have a 08 so it has the full one piece front bumper. I am cutting the bumper in half to it has a upper bumper like the 05-07 paths and frontiers.

XiBowhunter

Postby XiBowhunter » Sun May 13, 2012 11:03 pm

Frozen wrote:I'm currently building a front bumper. I have a 08 so it has the full one piece front bumper. I am cutting the bumper in half to it has a upper bumper like the 05-07 paths and frontiers.
Would you mind taking some pics of your build and give me some of the specs like how you mounted it and the dimensions? I have ever built anything like this before.

Frozen

Postby Frozen » Sun May 20, 2012 8:48 pm

XiBowhunter wrote:
Frozen wrote:I'm currently building a front bumper. I have a 08 so it has the full one piece front bumper. I am cutting the bumper in half to it has a upper bumper like the 05-07 paths and frontiers.
Would you mind taking some pics of your build and give me some of the specs like how you mounted it and the dimensions? I have ever built anything like this before.
i don't have much specs, still laying everything out in cardboard before i start cutting. It will be 1/4in steel and mount right to the frame rails.

09pathinbk

Postby 09pathinbk » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:47 am

i just ordered my custom bumper from tactical armor group, will post pics when i get it

XiBowhunter

Postby XiBowhunter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:56 pm

Frozen wrote:
XiBowhunter wrote:
i don't have much specs, still laying everything out in cardboard before i start cutting. It will be 1/4in steel and mount right to the frame rails.
Let me know when you start and how it is coming along. I would love to see some step-by-step pics if you have the time.

XiBowhunter

Postby XiBowhunter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:57 pm

09pathinbk wrote:i just ordered my custom bumper from tactical armor group, will post pics when i get it
Any update on the bumper? I would really like to see the pics!

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”