HAND BRAKE

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

ladam31

HAND BRAKE

Postby ladam31 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:12 am

Hi guys,

I have a 2011 ST-L and the hand brake has never worked... I keep taking it back and getting it "fixed" bit as soon as I go off road it doesn't work again...
Also I've only done 17000klm and the rear pads are completely worn...
Any one know the problem or a salution? (I'm not heavy on the breaks either)

Thanks, luke :)

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:55 am

North American models don't have a hand brake, just a parking brake operated by a pedal on the far left side of the drivers side.

Is your fuel economy bad? Wondering if your handbrake is dragging, after a while it wouldn't work as it needs to be readjusted when the pads wear down...

t

ladam31

Postby ladam31 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:07 am

I've got an Australian model, built in Spain,

The hand brake is a Leaver in the center and operates a drum brake on each rear wheel separate from the disc brakes.... Nissan has once told me that It was adjusted incorrectly and that they were full of mud... But I think this was a load of bull since they said they cleaned it out and readjusted it. However it only worked for a week... An when I say it doesn't work I mean even when the car is only on a 1 degree in/decline it will roll with the brake pulled on as hard as u can get it...

As of last week however the brake now makes a squealing noise wilst rolling but not under brakes.... And I've noticed that there is only aprox 2mm of pad left in the rear...

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”