IPF 868 Driving Lights

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

jspitz

Postby jspitz » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:36 pm

Very nice. Where did you mount the switch? Any difficulties running wiring into the cabin?

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:42 pm

I put a little toggle switch underneath the dash, by the hood release. I didn't like there as it was too difficult to see it at night and turn it off and on. Seemed like a good place at the time. I didn't want to be visible since it was kinda crappy looking. I took it to a local shop a couple of weeks ago and the driving lights are now tied into the OEM fog lights/switch. Real easy to turn the lights off and on. The only draw back is I can't use the fogs by themselves anymore, both the fogs and driving lights come on together. Seems like a good idea now.

What I am still considering doing is between the passenger heated seat switch and the VDC switch, on the lower part of the console, I have a blank space where I could mount a switch. This is the switch I am looking at.

http://www.otrattw.com/proddetail.php?p ... -AFCN5-17U

I expect it should fit but need to look into it further.

Behind the brake booster, on the drivers side, there is a wiring harness that runs through the fire wall through a rubber seal into the cabin, not too difficult.

slavabon

Postby slavabon » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Otratw switches are nice and used extensively by xterra offloading crowd. They are a bit bulky, however, at least for my taste. They don't look factory. What does look factory is Scion switch - http://www.oznium.com/scion-switch-led
I have one and it looks factrory compared to your stock units.

Return to “R51 Electrical”