Namibia Hunting Safari

Amateur Photographer? Us too. Post your latest choice shots, doesn't necessarily have to be automotive related.

Moderator: volvite

volvite
Sponsored Member

Namibia Hunting Safari

Postby volvite » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:17 pm

Hey all,

This past June, 2012, I was able to go on a hunting safari to Namibia, Africa. I went with my father, 2 brothers and an Uncle. I finally sat down and went through some of my pictures and thought I'd share. Hope you enjoy them.

Outside my bedroom window...

You are being hunted...

My Trophies...

Kudu

Gemsbok or Oryx

Springbox

Captain
Sponsored Member

Postby Captain » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:48 am

Wow looks like fun. You going to beable to eat all that?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:19 pm

We are unable to bring the meat home. US customs will not allow it. However it does NOT go to waste. The hunting company we went with hunts during the fall/winter there but also farms. He had lots of workers that the animals we shoot, the meat feeds them. I was able to try the meat while I was there. We had meat at every meal and it was great.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:37 pm

Wow, some trip. Never been to Africa and would love to see it.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:32 am

volvite wrote:We are unable to bring the meat home. US customs will not allow it. However it does NOT go to waste. The hunting company we went with hunts during the fall/winter there but also farms. He had lots of workers that the animals we shoot, the meat feeds them. I was able to try the meat while I was there. We had meat at every meal and it was great.
That's cool & kind of what I expected. Customs won't allow much of anything biological & semi-biological into the country.

Not a hunter myself, but I would love to see a cheetah right outside my window that I could shoot with a camera.

Return to “Photo Gallery”