2008 stock radio auxiliary input help needed

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

popoppath

2008 stock radio auxiliary input help needed

Postby popoppath » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:06 pm

i have a 2008 pathfinder with the most basic stock sound package and i want to add an auxiliary input compatible with my iPhone but I'm not sure how to if anyone could help me out. thanks!

gear1975

Postby gear1975 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:40 am

If you look at this thread, you'll see that instead of adding an auxiliary input, I've replaced the entire head unit to do exactly what it is you're after.

My iPhone works thru this affordable head unit wirelessly via bluetooth, as well as offers hands free calling. Of course, you'll also have the option of having it "wired" to the head unit thru the auxiliary input as well.

popoppath

Postby popoppath » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:59 pm

ya i was originally going to get a whole new head unit but was wondering if there was an easy way to add only an auxiliary input, but i do like the idea of a new head unit with bluetooth. thanks for the suggestion! also i am curious if you lost sound quality with the new head unit in combination with stock speakers? and did the new head unit plug directly into old wires?

gear1975

Postby gear1975 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:53 am

As fas as an "easy way" to add only an auxiliary input, I'm really not sure. Considering how easy replacing the head unit, and added benifits with it, I would say this is the way to go.

The sound output with the replacement head unit was night and day. SOOO much better than the stock OEM head unit. I was thinking that I wouldn't see a difference, but I was very pleasently surprised.

As for the install and wiring, Crutchfield includes all the wiring harness, and fit-kit panel free with head units (over $125 I think only though). It was a real snap to install, especially for a guy like me who hasn't done it before.
Here are 2 good videos on how to remove the old stereo out of P51 Pathfinders. VIDEO 1 and VIDEO 2.

I used VIDEO 1 as a guide, but VIDEO 2 shows how to remove the OEM wiring harness better and illustrates how to disengage the harness triggers.

Hope this helps!

popoppath

Postby popoppath » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:15 pm

i think ill probably go for the new head unit that sounds like a better idea. thanks for the suggestions i appreciate it!

Return to “R51 Electrical”