Deluxe Suspension Package from 4x4parts

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:37 am

Clay350 wrote:Besides replacing the pathetic stock rear springs what is the advantage to this kit? What do you notice while driving?
stiffer bump handling, a little bit stiffer handling while in turns. i highly suggest doing front and rear sway bar bushings (~$3.50 each, you need 4) as well. doing the fronts made a -huge- difference, and even doing the back made a significant improvement in the lack of body roll.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:44 am

doctahjones wrote:
my plan in the next month is to add a 1in spacer in the rear ($40/each from my local 4wheelparts.com shop)
You wouldn't have a PN for that 1" spacer for the rear would you?

I've seen Armada kits in the 1/1.5/2/2.5 range, and IIRC, they should also fit our R51 rears.

Any idea what the 4x4parts urethane unit is? I'm assuming it's 2".
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/rear-sp ... -6024.html

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:55 am

NmexMAX wrote:
doctahjones wrote:
my plan in the next month is to add a 1in spacer in the rear ($40/each from my local 4wheelparts.com shop)
You wouldn't have a PN for that 1" spacer for the rear would you?

I've seen Armada kits in the 1/1.5/2/2.5 range, and IIRC, they should also fit our R51 rears.

Any idea what the 4x4parts urethane unit is? I'm assuming it's 2".
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/rear-sp ... -6024.html

oh i'd be getting it from my local 4wheelparts.com store. i had gone in there before to talk about lifts and such. i believe he was just going to use a titan/armada spacer. not sure what the part# was, they just had them in the store.

and i haven't done it yet, it's still on the list.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:08 am

I'm slightly concerned since I have the rear springs you have, and the urethane spacer in the link I posted above on the way.

I'm afraid it's going to be a bit much and my alignment will be tossed.

I have a call into Greg at PRG regarding the 1.5" kit for the Armada, hoping he can break that up and can sell me only the rears.

In the end, I may end up selling the springs and spacer and getting the OME springs. Or just getting the Armada 2.5" spacer from Greg.

Still need to see how thick this PUR spacer is from 4x4parts and hows it affects my alignment.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”