Squeaky rear hatch

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Shinyboy

Squeaky rear hatch

Postby Shinyboy » Mon May 09, 2011 4:21 am

It sounds like I have a damn mouse in my rear hatch door. I have ridden in the back with my fiance driving and can't pinpoint the damn squeak. Anyone had the same issue? I am thinking it might just be tired weatherstripping so I think I'll just get the door and window pieces from Courtesy but I wondered if anyone else has come across or fixed the same issue.......

Thanks.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Mon May 09, 2011 4:26 am

yes, ive asked people to drive while i was sitting in the back trying to find the noise.

mine doesnt squeak though, its like a loose hinge just rattling.

oep1001

Squeaky rear hatch

Postby oep1001 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:51 am

Mine had this as well, I lubed the door latch with grease and it seemed to resolve the problem. I also sprayed a little lithium grease on the outside of the silver plastic trim piece (on outside of hatch). I thought squeak may have been coming from there as well.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:48 am

rear hatch lock was loose. tightened and problem went away.

leadpig

Postby leadpig » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:33 pm

Ah, good to know. I've had the same problem - was much worse in the summer and sounded like two pieces of styrofoam rubbing together. I had to sit in the way back with my wife at the wheel to pinpoint, but it definitely comes from the hatch and not the headliner or rear cargo trim. I'll try the latch tightening/lubeing thing this weekend.

I love this forum. Always worth a read one a week or so to find little gems like this!

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”