Is there any option cheaper than the bilsteins for leveling?

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

CrunkmastaFunk

Is there any option cheaper than the bilsteins for leveling?

Postby CrunkmastaFunk » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:40 am

I have been looking far and wide and it just happens that every suspension thread I view, people have ass loads of pictures and none of what I need to look at! All I want out of my 2010 pathy is for it to quit nose-diving through the pavement and to be able to clear 285/75-16's. I would like to know about spacer kits, Ive seen talk about that but no concrete links, pictures, prices, brands, etc. I dont plan on lifting the back unless it is necessary for the tires, though. I just want a comprehensive list on the options I have to level out a 2010 PF.

So far I know:

Bilstein 5100 series adj. shocks ~ $212 for two

Thats it. Is there any other way to lift the front?

-Thomas

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:23 am

CrunkmastaFunk

Postby CrunkmastaFunk » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:26 am

Excellent! So the cheapest option would be the two front spacers? Would you happen to know if anyone is running this kit? Id like to know a little bit more about it and how it affects the PF but Ill go ahead and plan on getting that one. Or is the PRG kit substantially a better choice? Id like a level ride. I do not want a lifted front but then a lifted back that over compensates and gets right back to nose diving in the front.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:24 am

CrunkmastaFunk

Postby CrunkmastaFunk » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:22 pm

NmexMAX wrote:If you're on a budget.

http://www.roughcountry.com/nissan_fron ... g_kit.html
\

Do you know if that kit would clear 285's? I know ill probably have to do a little heat gunning/trimming, but I want the kit that will get me the most wheel well clearance and least trimming. I noticed that that one was a 2.5" lift for a frontier's front end. Are they and the pathfinder the same front?

Lord Farquaad

Postby Lord Farquaad » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:21 am

I have spacers installed on mine. Not the same as in the link, but a machined aluminum unit. Got about 2" lift from a less than 1" spacer. No alignment problems and made the front firmer. Ground clearance obviously improved.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:02 am

Is that just up front? Or both F&R?

Custom?

Lord Farquaad

Postby Lord Farquaad » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:00 pm

NmexMAX wrote:Is that just up front? Or both F&R?

Custom?
Only front. Rears I have Airlift installed. Had them made at a local machine shop.

CrunkmastaFunk

Postby CrunkmastaFunk » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:15 pm

Ok so I am down to the velocity offroad spacer and the frontier spacer. Looks like I could save about $70 with the frontier spacer, but I want to make sure that it will fit, give me enough room, and not break the second I put some weight on it. Also, Lord Farquaad, could you give me some more info about that spacer? I have a few machining shops around my hometown and Ill talk to them about possibly making it, but I always like to have a price to go in requesting and also Id like to be able to tell them some dimensions of the spacer so that I can have it done quicker

Lord Farquaad

Postby Lord Farquaad » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:50 pm

CrunkmastaFunk wrote:Ok so I am down to the velocity offroad spacer and the frontier spacer. Looks like I could save about $70 with the frontier spacer, but I want to make sure that it will fit, give me enough room, and not break the second I put some weight on it. Also, Lord Farquaad, could you give me some more info about that spacer? I have a few machining shops around my hometown and Ill talk to them about possibly making it, but I always like to have a price to go in requesting and also Id like to be able to tell them some dimensions of the spacer so that I can have it done quicker
I think I paid the equivalent of $50 for the two. Unfortunately I can not give you dimensions as there is no ways I will get in there with a vernier. I can try though and see what I can measure. What are you interested in? ID, OD, height? ID and OD you can measure if you remove your strut, no tricks there. The height/thickness of the spacer is what is important. I think mine is about 1", which gives you about a 2" lift. It is made out of aluminum.

The only issue I had was with the nuts, the reason I have a photo of it with the socket and nuts. Nissan uses a very odd size hex nut that is not readily available at a reasonable price. Took me some time to source them to fit in the hole with the socket. Will measure what I can for you tonight.

CrunkmastaFunk

Postby CrunkmastaFunk » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:23 pm

[/quote]I think I paid the equivalent of $50 for the two. Unfortunately I can not give you dimensions as there is no ways I will get in there with a vernier. I can try though and see what I can measure. What are you interested in? ID, OD, height? ID and OD you can measure if you remove your strut, no tricks there. The height/thickness of the spacer is what is important. I think mine is about 1", which gives you about a 2" lift. It is made out of aluminum.

The only issue I had was with the nuts, the reason I have a photo of it with the socket and nuts. Nissan uses a very odd size hex nut that is not readily available at a reasonable price. Took me some time to source them to fit in the hole with the socket. Will measure what I can for you tonight.[/quote]

Awesome, well I think Ill stop by and see if they can make one for me and dont worry about any of the measurements (I guess its sort of their job to machine something to fit) I appreciate it though. And if that is cheaper, Ill definitely go with that. How did you end up finding these hex nuts though? haha thats quite a predicament!

Lord Farquaad

Postby Lord Farquaad » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:57 am

CrunkmastaFunk wrote: How did you end up finding these hex nuts though?
Internet forums. People know people that know people.....All you have to do is ask. :D

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”