new owner with lift / ride quality questions

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

mark439

new owner with lift / ride quality questions

Postby mark439 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:22 am

Hello! I just purchased a new '12 Pathfinder that I want to lift 2". I am surprised by just how rough this thing rides. I have heard others comment on an improvement in ride quality after installing the Bilsteins, coils, and air lift. The only thing is it seems most of these were installed on older Pathfinders and the shocks were shot. I'm wondering if I will gain anything over the new OEM's. If not I will probably just install spacers. Thanks for your thoughts!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: new owner with lift / ride quality questions

Postby NVSteve » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:52 am

mark439 wrote:Hello! I just purchased a new '12 Pathfinder that I want to lift 2". I am surprised by just how rough this thing rides. I have heard others comment on an improvement in ride quality after installing the Bilsteins, coils, and air lift. The only thing is it seems most of these were installed on older Pathfinders and the shocks were shot. I'm wondering if I will gain anything over the new OEM's. If not I will probably just install spacers. Thanks for your thoughts!
Changing just the shocks will have the least impact because the stock springs will still be squishy. New springs (firmer) will help more than anything, and new shocks + springs would be the best bet. I personally haven't tried the air lift, but numerous people on this forum have had great results with it.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:44 pm

I have a 2011 and put air bags in almost right away, because I tow. I think they made a big difference. The ride, in the rear, is more firm, less body roll and the back end does not sag when towing. Well worth it but they do not lift the truck. I have just ordered a lift kit and am quite interested to compare the ride.

Touchdown

Postby Touchdown » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:48 pm

If you don't like the ride now...adding spacers will not solve your problem.
It'll firm it up even more.

I have noticed the Radflos in the rear seem to be better at smoothing out the bumps over the spacer/stock shock combo I have in the front.

But I don't mind either way since I expect a truck to ride like a truck! ;)

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”