Bull Bar Light Recommendations

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

pathyfish

Bull Bar Light Recommendations

Postby pathyfish » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:51 pm

So, I've had a bull bar for a while, and now I'm thinking about getting some lights for it. I'm having a hard time finding ones I like, so I thought I'd ask to see what others use/like/recommend.

I'd like something that can be used on road, so I can get my money's worth out of them. I also like the idea of them being LED, but I'd like to stay around $100 range. Not sure if that's realistic, but would like feedback on that. I'll spend more if I have to, but $100-$150 is where I'd like to be.

What do you guys like? Thanks!

2006 Pathfinder SE Silver
Aries polished bull bar

edit:

Found these, don't look too bad

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/steal ... 1002-.aspx

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:44 pm

What are you looking for out of these extra lights? There are several beam patterns to choose from. Pencil beam, spot, flood, driving, fog or a combination spot and driving beam. Depending on what you want to do, will determine a recommendation.

That being said, I like my IPF 868CS's, they are a combination beam and work well. Prices range, on the net from $150 to $250. Some packages include 55 watt and 100 watt lamps. With the 100 watt lamps I installed, they wouldn't be street legal but I still use them at certain times. As for LED's, Rigid Industries makes some excellent lights, look at the Dually's and Dually D2 series. Bit more than you may want to pay, but well worth it. There are different beam pattern's available. The web site shows the beam pattern's.

There is thread further down with IPF868 in the title, there are pictures showing installation and night pictures. Sorry, I am not much of a photographer.

pathyfish

Postby pathyfish » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:01 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm just basically looking to get some more light in front of me on darker roads, but not blind anyone coming my way. From what I can tell, I think the beam pattern I've seen with "driving lights" would probably be the best. I think the pencil beams are the ones that are off road. I like the idea of LEDs because of the low current draw. I'd prefer to wire them off the fog light switch with their own switch as well, but use the fog lights as the main source. If I do that I have to make sure I don't exceed the current draw for that circuit, and I think LEDs would make the most sense with that.

I went through the whole forum and probably saw that post, but since I read so many I'll have to go back and look again. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check out those products. That link I put in that original post of some LED driving lights looked promising. They weren't the most attractive looking, but for the price they seemed to be halfway decent.

Thanks!

Jays2010

Postby Jays2010 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:24 pm

Check out wolf LED's. going to be ordering a 30" LED bar from them for the top of my Pathy. They have other lighting options as well.

Return to “R51 Electrical”