New Wheels and Tires

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:20 am

So far, how's everything riding? Any vibration or other weird behavior with the spacers? What kind of spacers did you go with?

Man, the V8 Pathfinder is another bastard child when it come to wheel fitment, even worse off than the Xterra/Frontier/V6 Pathy.

Looks as if this brake issue limits our wheel selection more than I thought. The V8 brake calipers are notorious for requiring a unique spoke design, and are only found on the V8 Pathfinder, not the V6, nor Armada/QX/Titan, etc..

I called MHT and there are a very limited number of wheels that actually fit the Pathfinder V8. Most of them are the 20x10 (-24, -12,0,1,12,20,25) and . 20x9 ( offset, -12, 0, 1, 12, 20, 25).

There are a handful of 18x9, mostly only the 4.5" BS (-12mm OS) that fit, the Octane being one of them.

I'm wondering if I can get a 9" wide, -12, and a 305 or 295 wide tire on there with the PRG kit.
Last edited by NmexMAX on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:27 am

You could always look into wheel adaptors and then fit titan/armada wheels to your V8 pathfinder. Just another thought.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:33 am

volvite wrote:You could always look into wheel adaptors and then fit titan/armada wheels to your V8 pathfinder. Just another thought.
Yeah, thought of that, but being that only the real aggressive offsets fit and look good, the adapters come in a minimum of 1" thick, so that sticks them out even further.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:39 pm

NmexMAX,

Take a look at this thread. They don't look too bad.

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=8162

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Hey buffsrocks,

You should look at the Rocky-Road Super Sliders, for replacement of your running boards. They are black, solid as hell and will protect your truck, when off roading. If you look under the thread "Bulk Buy for Rocky-Road Super Sliders, Under the R51 Body Interior and Exterior header there are a few pictures posted there. doctahjones has a white Pathfinder, black wheels and with the sliders installed. Would give you a real good idea what they look like.

buffsrocks

Update

Postby buffsrocks » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:00 am

So far I really like the Duratracs. I haven't had any vibration problems with the spacers in the front. The spacers were custom made at a local wheel and tire store so can't give any more information on those. The only downside i've seen so far is the gas mileage has gone down about 1.5 mpg from around 17 to 15.5 on the highway and even less if I'm in 4 wheel drive in the snow. We've had a couple storms here in Castle Rock, CO so far this year and even in 2 wheel drive, not auto, the tires grip like a m***f****. Depending on the tread life of the tires I would definitely buy these again.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”