Wiper Issue

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

stinzman

Wiper Issue

Postby stinzman » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:10 pm

The wipers on my 2007 Pathfinder are acting up. Had them on medium (like the second click) and clicked them up one time to slow them down and the wipers stopped midway across the windshield. After about 30seconds they returned to worked normal for a bit then the same thing all over again. Also tried to switch them off then on again to see what would happen, but when i switch them off they acted as if they were on high for about 6swipes then stopped. My first thought is that the switch is going bad. Just wanted other Path owners opinion about it or past experiences with the same issue before i chunk out some green. Thanks in advance..

stinzman

Still broke

Postby stinzman » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:27 am

Replaced the switch and still have the problem.. ANYONE???

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:56 am

does it stop at the same location (roughly) everytime?

turn them on and listen to the motor if its seizing up. could be the rotor is getting stuck midspin and causing them to hang.

can you identify if its a power related issue or a mechanical operation issue?

stinzman

Postby stinzman » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:01 am

Yeah it stops roughly mid swipe.... Which made me think power issue.. But the wipers also acted as if the switch was on HIGH when it was actually off.. Which made me think it was the switch.. I replaced the switch so i don't think that was the issue being that it has done it again.. I'm wondering if there is a relay that could be possibly screwing up.. I'm not sure at this point..

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:24 pm

have you had an electrician look at it?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:15 am

The wipers are powered by the IPDM/ER and controlled by the BCM (Body Control Module). The two communicate with each other via CAN (controlled area networking). A scantool that can access the BCM can read BCM codes and can do BCM testing and is required to properly diagnose the system.

Return to “R51 Electrical”