The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Wiper Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stinzman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Wiper Issue Reply with quote

The wipers on my 2007 Pathfinder are acting up. Had them on medium (like the second click) and clicked them up one time to slow them down and the wipers stopped midway across the windshield. After about 30seconds they returned to worked normal for a bit then the same thing all over again. Also tried to switch them off then on again to see what would happen, but when i switch them off they acted as if they were on high for about 6swipes then stopped. My first thought is that the switch is going bad. Just wanted other Path owners opinion about it or past experiences with the same issue before i chunk out some green. Thanks in advance..
stinzman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Still broke Reply with quote

Replaced the switch and still have the problem.. ANYONE???
mar1
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does it stop at the same location (roughly) everytime?

turn them on and listen to the motor if its seizing up. could be the rotor is getting stuck midspin and causing them to hang.

can you identify if its a power related issue or a mechanical operation issue?
stinzman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it stops roughly mid swipe.... Which made me think power issue.. But the wipers also acted as if the switch was on HIGH when it was actually off.. Which made me think it was the switch.. I replaced the switch so i don't think that was the issue being that it has done it again.. I'm wondering if there is a relay that could be possibly screwing up.. I'm not sure at this point..
mar1
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you had an electrician look at it?
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wipers are powered by the IPDM/ER and controlled by the BCM (Body Control Module). The two communicate with each other via CAN (controlled area networking). A scantool that can access the BCM can read BCM codes and can do BCM testing and is required to properly diagnose the system.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: