New tires and wheels

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

robgeo1

New tires and wheels

Postby robgeo1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:55 pm

Well, I'm just so into every little upgrade I have to share this: I had the stock 16 inch wheels and went to the stock LE 18 inch wheels. I ended up going with firestone destination LE2's. It's like night and day. I would recommend this upgrade to anyone with the 16's who wants a better, carlike ride. I bought the wheels from this company www.phenixwheels.com delivered for $680 and got a discount through a friend from firestone for $691 installed on the tires and a $50 alignment. If a nicer ride is what you're looking for this is money well spent.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:12 pm

That's interesting to read because I have an LE with the 18" rims and the ride is a nightmare. I've actually been thinking about switching to the 16" rims.

The 18s handle like they're on rails (I can rip around an offramp at 50 MPH) but when I hit a lone pebble my butt flies about 4" off the seat. The Pathfinder reminds me of the race-tuned GTI with a 3" drop I had in college.

robgeo1

Postby robgeo1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:07 pm

Yeah, the ride is harsh in these things. I guess what I meant was it feels better planted to the road which i prefer. I like the better handling characteristics. My whole thing is I want this suv to be as good handling as it can be without being unrealistic or breaking the bank!

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”