Sick of this climate control. Anyone fixed this

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Clay350

Sick of this climate control. Anyone fixed this

Postby Clay350 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:35 am

I have a problem several people seem to have. The bottom line is that the climate control has a mind of its own. Goes from cold to hot and vice versa on a whim.

This has nothing to do with air in the system or low coolant. Why? because if I manually set the temperature it ALWAYS works fine. If I try auto mode its always a guess whats going to happen. To me there has to be a sensor problem somewhere.

Any ideas?

allisojh

Postby allisojh » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Yep...

Don't use the "auto" climate control. I think that control blows.

Finchum

Postby Finchum » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:43 am

any other type of factory climate controls offered that I could go junkyarding for? I despise the auto climate control because it always wants to keep it on the feet, and a/c has to be manually selected most of the time (sucks when getting in and out in rain- due to fogging windows)

Calicajun

Postby Calicajun » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:07 am

I find the timing of the OP post funny, as I was planning on making the same post today. My climate control, starts off working find, blows hot air out of the dash and feet vents in the beginning. Problem is that after a little while it starts blowing cold air out of the vents. Not warm air as if the system turned the heat down a little but cold and never goes back to warm or hot air. I can get manual to work but only if turned up to 90 degrees, anything less is cold air. This makes no sense as the climate control in our old 1987 Mercury worked great and that over 20 years old. If a 20 plus year old car can have a working climate control system, what is wrong with Nissan?

RobG

Postby RobG » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:22 am

Just a thought, but try having a separate thermometer in the car next time you're out and about. The auto A/C will try to keep the interior temp at whatever you've set it too, and maybe the interior temp has reached the desired figure thus making the A/C blow hot and cold in order to maintain that temp...?

I also prefer manual but mainly because I like the windshield/feet combo which 'auto' seems to dislike like a rash on the privates!

Rob.

impulsepath

Postby impulsepath » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:10 pm

I was on the fence between buying a 2012 S or SV. One of the high points of SV over S was climate control. Glad I went with the S.

Calicajun

Postby Calicajun » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:44 am

RobG wrote:Just a thought, but try having a separate thermometer in the car next time you're out and about. The auto A/C will try to keep the interior temp at whatever you've set it too, and maybe the interior temp has reached the desired figure thus making the A/C blow hot and cold in order to maintain that temp...?

Rob.
I was planning on doing just that, as soon as I can find where my teenage son put the digital thermometer. :roll:

Return to “R51 Electrical”