2011 LE V8 aftermarket wheel options?!

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

2many

2011 LE V8 aftermarket wheel options?!

Postby 2many » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:08 pm

New to the board here and tried searching with mixed results. Are there any tried and true aftermarket 17" wheels that will clear the larger calipers on the '08+ V8 models? I've tried a Fuel Boost (17x9, 5" BS) with no luck. I know adapters exist but I'm concerned on the resulting back space / fender clearance issues... Any help greatly appreciated!

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:34 pm

MHT/Fuel are a bit of a hit or miss. I spoke with a gentlemen from there, and he gave me the run around and it wasn't a pleasant experience. But it seems as if they have since dealt with that problem.

IIRC, the Fuel Krank work with our brakes.

Doesn't seem as if the Hostages nor the Octanes fit without a spacer of some sort, but the Dunes actually do work. Of all those, I think I'd go with the Kranks if I had to do it again.

Also, IIRC, they're out of blanks until Mid March.

Also, as you saw in the other thread, KMC Addicts fit, +18 as well as Rockstars.

2many

Postby 2many » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:03 pm

Great info - thanks a bunch! I'll get to trying a few options. I've got a good relationship with the local 4 Wheel Parts and will do some test fits. I'll report back with any new findings...

dirtygirl660

Postby dirtygirl660 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:06 pm

I researched this alot. I was getting wheels no matter what. I no you said 17s but I wanted mud terrain tires. I also have a V8 and understand what you have said. I have a post with pictures under the title PRO COMP WHEELS. I have flat black PRO COMP wheels 7089 series 16x8 they are 6x4.5 and offset is -12. And I got BFG mud tires. I removed factory flaps and put regular flat flaps on. Hope this helps. :D

dirtygirl660

Postby dirtygirl660 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Just wanted to add that if you find a wheel you like call the company that actually makes that wheel. Like I called and talked to Pro Comp directly and got correct information. Then you wouldnt have to do wheel spacers. Also I plan on doing a Calmini lift so I had to find wheels that would work when I did the lift also. :D

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”