gearbox

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

martc

gearbox

Postby martc » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:47 am

hi guy's i'm new to forum, i've recently purchased a diesel automatic pathfinder 06 and it seems to be searching for the gears on a run??? its seems that the transmission is slipping??? i went up the slip road off the motorway on to another motorway and the gear box seemed to be chasing the next gear???? hard to explain but if it was manual you would change gear a lot sooner,, it seems that the gears should be changing a lot sooner than they are, it happens more when the engine is hot and been running a while,, any ideas, lads???? help would be appreciated,, all best mart.

martc

Postby martc » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:32 am

bump

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:57 am

First thing to do is check the fluid level and colour. If low, add fluid. If dark red or black, drain and fill several times, making sure to use Nissan Matic S or J fluid, some have had luck with compatible substitutes as well.

Next would be to see if there are any codes stored in the computer. You can check this with any obdii code reader.

If you still think it's acting up, most transmission shops will give it a look at no charge, and provide an estimate for repair.

T

Return to “R51 General Chat”