Power side mirrors and power seat not working.

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

dcdemke

Power side mirrors and power seat not working.

Postby dcdemke » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:55 am

Just realized when i was trying to reset my seat setting that the memory seat was not working. Almost like there was no power to it, but then i opened the door and shut it again it worked like nothing was wrong. My side mirrors are another story. Not even a little budge from those. Gotta take in the Path tomorrow since in transport about a toothpick size area of paint was rubbed off. Kinda stinks buying a brand new vehicle and you have all these minor things already going bad.

ziggypup

Re: Power side mirrors and power seat not working.

Postby ziggypup » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:26 am

dcdemke wrote:Just realized when i was trying to reset my seat setting that the memory seat was not working. Almost like there was no power to it, but then i opened the door and shut it again it worked like nothing was wrong. My side mirrors are another story. Not even a little budge from those. Gotta take in the Path tomorrow since in transport about a toothpick size area of paint was rubbed off. Kinda stinks buying a brand new vehicle and you have all these minor things already going bad.
The new Pathfinder does not have power folding mirrors, but only the tilt down feature when in reverse. Make sure the power mirror switch is either in the left or right position and it should tilt down. If it is in the center position the tilt feature won't work.

AtlantaX

Re: Power side mirrors and power seat not working.

Postby AtlantaX » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:03 am

dcdemke wrote:Just realized when i was trying to reset my seat setting that the memory seat was not working. Almost like there was no power to it, but then i opened the door and shut it again it worked like nothing was wrong. My side mirrors are another story. Not even a little budge from those. Gotta take in the Path tomorrow since in transport about a toothpick size area of paint was rubbed off. Kinda stinks buying a brand new vehicle and you have all these minor things already going bad.
I can't quite tell what your issue is by the description, but my power drivers seat memory and mirrors stopped working and it turned out to be a failed Control Module. They had to replace it. Took them 5 days to track it down. Once the replacement came in, everything worked as it should.

Scud108

Postby Scud108 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:44 pm

i found a fix for this... ther eason why your seat and mirrors are not working is due to you starting hte car with the remote start feature and when you got in the car you forgot to push the start button and tried putting it in reverse, so the car shut off... for some reason, this doesnt close the relay on the mirrors and driver seat....
the fix here is to start your car using the remote start, get in and push the start button, then turn it off... once you do that everything will be back to normal.... weird but it works and is the only fix for it until Nissan decides to figure it out.

DB316

Nissan pathfinder mirrors and seat adjust not working

Postby DB316 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:07 pm

just wanted to send a shout out to SCUD108 excellent info on your post about how to fix said issue, I just used it on my 2014, apparently my wife had taken it out and forgot to hit the button before putting in reverse and we lost the mirror operations and the auto seat adjuster, I followed your directions and it worked perfectly, everything is now working exactly like it should and it worked exactly as you posted it would. Was impressed I was able to look this up and get it done before taking it to the shop and spending hundreds of dollars. Thanks again for the great info.

Return to “R52 Electrical”