'08 Pathfinder fails to start, computer resets

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

morleyz

'08 Pathfinder fails to start, computer resets

Postby morleyz » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:53 pm

I have 2008 Pathfinder that recently has started to have a weird issue. About twice a month, you get in and go to start and instead of turning over when you turn the ignition, everything goes completely dark (no dash lights, no overhead lights, doors won't lock/unlock, etc.) and you can't start the car for about 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes, it starts and runs fine. The only symptoms after it restarts are the trip meters are reset and the VDC Off light is lit for the first trip.

I thought maybe a bad battery or bad connections. Battery tested out OK and I cleaned and tightened connections.

Any other thoughts?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:12 am

The battery terminal connections are probably stretched. You can tighten them til the cows come home, won't make a diff.

I stuffed a small nail in between the terminal and the connection to tighten it up, no more problems!

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:58 am

disallow wrote:The battery terminal connections are probably stretched. You can tighten them til the cows come home, won't make a diff.

I stuffed a small nail in between the terminal and the connection to tighten it up, no more problems!
Common problem apparently, same thing happens to mine every now and then. Even went so far as to charge the batter, nope.

The terminal connection + sub harness are a pretty penny, even more so for the V8.

I'm going to try this nail method.

Tzvier

Postby Tzvier » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:16 pm

clean em up real good while your at it and smother them in grease.

Return to “R51 Electrical”