Key Remove Beeping

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

seanmcclure

Key Remove Beeping

Postby seanmcclure » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:32 am

Has anyone else experienced the beeping sound when the Pathfinder is turned off and the drivers side door is open? Back in the olden days it would beep until you took the keys out of the ignition, but since the car detects the fob in the car, it incessantly beeps.

According to the manual it only beeps if the fob is inside the car, so you dont lock it in the car. There are two problems with this. 1) I take the fob outside the car before turning it off, but it still beeps. 2) Even if the fob is in the car, it will not let you lock the doors. The car will sound a series of beeps to let you know the fob is in the car.

That being said, I find it useless to have the annoying beep while the car door is open.

Does anyone know how to get this to stop beeping? I've read the manual, taken it to the dealer, but no dice.

AtlantaX

Re: Key Remove Beeping

Postby AtlantaX » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:06 am

seanmcclure wrote:Has anyone else experienced the beeping sound when the Pathfinder is turned off and the drivers side door is open? Back in the olden days it would beep until you took the keys out of the ignition, but since the car detects the fob in the car, it incessantly beeps.

According to the manual it only beeps if the fob is inside the car, so you dont lock it in the car. There are two problems with this. 1) I take the fob outside the car before turning it off, but it still beeps. 2) Even if the fob is in the car, it will not let you lock the doors. The car will sound a series of beeps to let you know the fob is in the car.

That being said, I find it useless to have the annoying beep while the car door is open.

Does anyone know how to get this to stop beeping? I've read the manual, taken it to the dealer, but no dice.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that this annoys. So, you've answered one question for me which is why is this beeping. I didn't know that if the FOB is inside it causes this. However, there are times when my beeping does NOT occur and I can't for the life of me figure out the right set of circumstances that make this happen.

AtlantaX

Postby AtlantaX » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:18 am

I finally figured this out. And it was driving me nuts because sometimes it would beep and sometimes it would not.

You have to turn off your car and THEN open the door. If you do that, the beep doesn't happen.

I didn't realize that as I was shutting down the car and exiting, I grab the door handle as I'm reaching for the off button. Since my left hand reaches the door handle first, I was opening the door just before hitting Off with my right.

Turn the car off, then open door...no beep!

Return to “R52 Electrical”