Frontier lurker here

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

mcm4090

Frontier lurker here

Postby mcm4090 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:22 pm

What's up? My name is Mike and I have been wheeling trucks for the past 13 years.

I am a member of NOAS(The Nissan Offroad Association of the Southeast) It has been a great club to be involved with. They are one of the few clubs that I belonged to that go wheeling on a regular basis. We have been to many parks up and down the east coast.

I have a 2005 Nissan Frontier NISMO 4x4 that I take out on the trails and my wife has a 2005 Frontier LE 4x4 that does not go on the trails.[:D]

Just here to see what the Pathy's are up to.

Here is my truck.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:07 pm

Welcome. Always good to have more input. Nice looking pickup.

You wouldn't mind taking some pictures of the underside of the front of the stock frontier would you? (assuming your wife's is stock) I'm specifically interested in a level shot, looking front to rear where the bottom of the lower front facsia is roughly in the middle of the frame. Any any shots looking from the ground upwards towards the front frame horns where a grill guard or front mount hitch receiver would mount.

I haven't found a frontier in person I can check out so I figured I would ask. There has been some talk about finding a front mount hitch for our pathy's. There is one for the Frontier that should physically mount to our frame. The only question is how much of the Pathy fascia will interfere with how it mounts. Sure would save me some time if the Fronty one fits so I wouldn't have to make one.

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:16 pm

That's a nice butch looking truck. I haven't owned a Nissan pickup since my old Datsun KingCab which was all pre-runnered out(the 80's ya know).

How have your differentials been holding up off-road?

mcm4090

Postby mcm4090 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:14 pm

blink32 wrote:Welcome. Always good to have more input. Nice looking pickup.

You wouldn't mind taking some pictures of the underside of the front of the stock frontier would you? (assuming your wife's is stock) I'm specifically interested in a level shot, looking front to rear where the bottom of the lower front facsia is roughly in the middle of the frame. Any any shots looking from the ground upwards towards the front frame horns where a grill guard or front mount hitch receiver would mount.
Yes the wife truck is stock and I can take some pic's.

There was a Gen2 Frontier on NOR that install a front hitch.

08Datsun wrote:That's a nice butch looking truck. I haven't owned a Nissan pickup since my old Datsun KingCab which was all pre-runnered out(the 80's ya know).

How have your differentials been holding up off-road?
A lot of guys out west are doing the pre-runner set up with the Frontier.

Bet the s^*t out of the truck the last three years without a problem.
The amount of torque that's exerted when the wheel with no traction catches traction that's causing the axle to break in the diff.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:17 am

Are those BFG tires?

mcm4090

Postby mcm4090 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:52 pm

yes sir.

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:05 pm

Are those Bugle Boy Jeans yer wearing? :lol:

<- Also looking forward to pic of wifes Front..... uhhhhh wifes pickup :oops: !

MGJ

mcm4090

Postby mcm4090 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:40 pm

Marginjoey wrote:Are those Bugle Boy Jeans yer wearing? :lol:

<- Also looking forward to pic of wifes Front..... uhhhhh wifes pickup :oops: !

MGJ
Haaaaaa :P

Here is a pick the wife's truck.

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:48 pm

Uhm, I think we needed a pic of the lower front fascia there Boss.... and yer wifes front if I'm not mistaken.. HAH!! This is just too easy!

MGJ

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:04 pm

Thanks for posting about a well thoughtout truck. 8)

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”