Looking for stiffer springs

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

BlueX

Looking for stiffer springs

Postby BlueX » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:56 am

Just installed my AC 2" lift and love it so far. Tomorrow will be getting some BFG ATs (275/70/17) installed.

Well today after I had my tires loaded in the cargo area I noticed my rear springs sagging a tad. Who makes a stiffer stock and/or lifted rear spring?

Thanks

NmexMAX

Re: Looking for stiffer springs

Postby NmexMAX » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:11 pm

BlueX wrote:Just installed my AC 2" lift and love it so far. Tomorrow will be getting some BFG ATs (275/70/17) installed.

Well today after I had my tires loaded in the cargo area I noticed my rear springs sagging a tad. Who makes a stiffer stock and/or lifted rear spring?

Thanks
Airbags might be your best bet. Probably best used when hauling a trailer or cargo.

OME might be an option too though. There are 2 grades, medium and heavy duty.

http://www.rocky-road.com/pathfindersus.html

HD springs from 4x4 parts aren't as high as AC, and I would guess that they're about the same stiffness, so no luck there.

BlueX

Postby BlueX » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:20 pm

Thanks! I will see how it drives after I get the new tires on and all that weight out of the rear.

Mike over at AC said these might work:
https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfin ... -5637.html

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:10 pm

Those that you linked are the HD springs that I mentioned that aren't as high as the AC. There are a few threads that state anywhere from 0.5 - 1.5. Not sure if it be worth the risk. Air bags still get my vote.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”