Tranny problems

Discussion topics related to the radiator and transmission failures in all Nissan trucks, education of the public on this issue, and attempts to force Nissan to start a recall.

Moderator: volvite

Mfed276

Tranny problems

Postby Mfed276 » Mon May 06, 2013 6:06 pm

Bout a month or I've been noticing my tranny changing gears funny and I didn't pay no mind to it until I found this website and I've noticed it getting worst. So about two weeks I was leaving my house and put in drive and it wouldn't go no where, so I doubled checked and make sure it was in drive and it was so I put it in 3,2and 1 and did the same thing. I then put it into park turned off the car and started it back up and the car did fine up until yesterday. Engine light came on and I'd hit the gas and it would bogged down like it was in a higher gear, turned the car off started it back up and drive fine until a few hrs later it started acting up again. It did it a total of three times yesterday day to me and two today. I took it to the dealership today after it made a loud ass popping noise, then it started driving like shit again.y pathfinder is a 05 with around 96k on it. The dealer told me it was the tranny goin out but I just wanted to check with you guys before I spend 3500. I apologize if y'all don't understand what I'm writing, I'm at work doing this off my phone

dcuptown

Postby dcuptown » Tue May 07, 2013 5:58 am

have you checked your antifreeze? if it looks like strawberry milkshake then sir your radiator have failed you and its been mixing antifreeze with ATF... time for a new Tranny

Mfed276

Postby Mfed276 » Tue May 14, 2013 7:55 pm

I checked my over flow tank and it had white jelly build up around the cap and the fluid in it was a black cherry greasy fluid

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu May 16, 2013 3:08 pm

Sure sounds like you have the contamination issue associated with a failed radiator cooler tube. IF that's the case, you'll need the trans and the radiator replaced.

Return to “Nissan Transmission FAIL”