2" Lift Input - 4x4Parts

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

patomwazi

Postby patomwazi » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:14 am

thanks...will give them a look and compare with whats on offer here

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:05 am

Good luck, let us know how you made out.

patomwazi

Postby patomwazi » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:25 am

this is what i asked...

""Hello
I am in the market looking for about a max of 2'' lift on my 2008 Pathfinder V6 Petrol. for light offroading and some bit of dune bashing, the car is bone stock and dont intend to add any bumpers or winches. here are a few questions...""

and this is the reply that i got from them

""Hello Patrick,
Thank you for your interest in our products. This is what I would recommend for your 08 Pathfinder
Pathfinder 5100 Series Bilstein Front Ride Height Adjustable
SKU: SPBPPFFTADJ $97.00USD for the front
and for the rear this is what I would recommend Pathfinder Heavy Duty Bilstein Rear Shock SKU: SPKBPF09RR $66.50USD and Rear Spacer Lift
SKU: SPRP70077PFRS $75.00USD""...

anybody running this set up...or advice....

canderso

Postby canderso » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:20 am

I have the exact setup, with the addition of Air Lift 1000 airbags in the rear coils. I kept the factory springs rather than upgrading the springs at this time.

My post of my install is here: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=9059

I am very pleased with the ride and quality of parts. The job was fairly straight forward and can be done in the driveway. I learned some things that would make the job go faster if I were to have to do one again. Nothing about the parts, just about the process.

The service from 4x4parts.com (Automotive Customizers) was top notch.

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:48 am

I have the rear HD Bilstein rear shocks and the spacers, also with the addition of the air bags. For the front, I opted for the Rancho Quick Lifts, for two reasons. I liked the idea I could adjust the ride, as well I did not want to go to a shop to remove and reinstall the coil over the struts.

patomwazi

Postby patomwazi » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:38 am

would i really need airbags...when i know the only thing that i could have to carry is camping gear and/or max 3 MTBs??....anyone running the OLD MAN EMU kit from rocky road...am really avoiding going the spacers route...but then again...speaking to guys here...a softer ride has better traction on sand as the firmer set up bounces quite abit making building speed to go up dunes abit tricky..... make sense??!!..
(apologies for the grammar and typos if any..english aint the easiest language) :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll:

Oly 22

Postby Oly 22 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:17 pm

You don't need air bags but they do help prevent the rear end from sagging, if you tow or carry heavy loads in the back. In addition, they help in daily driving by stiffening up the back end and helps reduce body roll. Just inflate them to suite your driving or deflate them for the dunes. Probably the best mod, for the money, for the Pathfinder.

By the way dude, your English is great. I don't know your native language and I can barely speak a lick of French and I live in an English/French bilingual country.

canderso

Postby canderso » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Patomwazi- Oly has had his lift on much longer than I have. I would trust his opinion on e Ranchos front struts. I was told some negatives about the Ranchos rear shocks and w somewhat skeptical about how well the adjustment knobs would really work on the struts.

I had more experience with Bilstein and have my own opinion of them being more reputable. Plus I wanted my front struts to match the rear shocks. As it turns out the front Bilstein being height adjustable will come in handy down the road for me. I am considering getting a set of the long arm travel UCAs from 4x4parts and the 2" spacers for the front. I would then lower the height setting to stock or +0.5". I am told this will give me additional travel in the front suspension and added adjustments for front camber alignment.

Long story, there are several options. Not tons perhaps like a Jeep, but there are plenty of options to make things confusing.

As far as the rear, if you could get a set of OME lift springs for the rear, I think that would be preferable to spacers. Ultimately, I went with the spacers in the rear because they were available at the time and I could source them from e same company.

Can't really say whether the soft spring theory makes sense for sand/desert driving. I have no experience with it.

patomwazi

Postby patomwazi » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:11 am

got a quote from a local shop approx 1100$ Dobinsons shocks with Kings springs combo including Fitting Alignment and labour charges...am thinking to change the bushes while its all up on the lift.... :roll: :wink:

cgray

Postby cgray » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:40 pm

I went with Rancho on all 4 corners. Front has the quick-lift and rear has spacers with airbags. All 4 shocks are adjustable which is nice when getting off the pavement and for stiffening the ride up for pavement driving around town. I have been very happy with this setup.

The ultimate lift thread is going to be your best resource for figuring out what you want to put on your PF.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”