Front Windows Auto Down Feature?

Any topics related to 2013+ R52

Moderator: volvite

prattml

Front Windows Auto Down Feature?

Postby prattml » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:47 pm

Four weeks ago, I purchased my first Nissan. It is a 2013 Pathfinder. I really enjoyed my new vehicle for the 1st week, but then I accidently found a Nissan feature that I did not know was there. My wife and I were having dinner at a local establishment and when we left it was raining and the windows on the Pathfinder were half way down and the seats were wet. My wife blamed me for leaving the windows down. Since then, it issue has happened 4 other times, each time without the rain. I have also found out that I am accidently pressing the unlock button while the intelligent key fob is in my pocket.

The local dealer has told me there is no way to change this feature. Someone suggested that it is an option that can be changed using the Consult III diagnois tool.

Does anyone know of a way to disable this auto window down feature? right know I am having to keep my the intelligent key fob in my shirt pocket instead of my pants pocket.

Thanks

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Wed May 08, 2013 8:02 am

happens to me occasionally as well, especially if i'm sitting somewhat near the car.

however i like having the feature too much to have it disabled.

maybe someone makes a 'key protector' that could slide over the key or something?

Amerinamese

Postby Amerinamese » Fri May 17, 2013 9:24 am

If you're asking how to get to the diagnostic menu:

Start your car
Turn radio off
While holding the "Setting" button, turn volume knob 30 clicks clockwise or countrerclockwise, doesn't matter which direction.

I'm not sure if you'd be able to turn off your window down problem from there, but that's where the menu is.

9th

Postby 9th » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:37 pm

Amerinamese wrote:If you're asking how to get to the diagnostic menu:

Start your car
Turn radio off
While holding the "Setting" button, turn volume knob 30 clicks clockwise or countrerclockwise, doesn't matter which direction.

I'm not sure if you'd be able to turn off your window down problem from there, but that's where the menu is.
Should be 10 clicks counterclockwise.

And there's no settings for windows.

Return to “R52 General Chat”