BFG AT 265/70R17 on stock rims at stock height

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

steelepathy

BFG AT 265/70R17 on stock rims at stock height

Postby steelepathy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:05 pm

hey just though id put this up.

i wanted to put new tyres on the jeep, upgrading them from stock but didnt want to change the ride height, did alot of measurement and today i finally got the BFG AT KO,s on.

the stock tyres were 255/65R17 and the new BFGs are 265/70R17.
maybe sombodys already done this but i couldnt find it on the form, most people were lifting theirs or going for wider instead of taller tyres so sorry if i missed your post if you did.

so far so good and theres no rubbing on the chassis frame or the fender at all.

the overall height of the jeep is about 10mm heigher but the front leveled out i bit more for some reason.

here are the before and after pics

front stock

front BFG

Rear BFG

and heres a before and after shot

Last edited by steelepathy on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

steelepathy

Postby steelepathy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:06 pm

sorry but cant seem to get thumbnails for the pictures

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:37 am

Did you just call your Pathfinder a jeep?

And I believe the stock size is 265/65/17

Here you go ...

Front Stock

Rear Stock

Front BFG

Rear BFG

Before

After

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:54 am

Considering the capabilities of each, and how different they rally are, last time I was camping, the dude asked, so how's that Jeep for you?

I said, well aside from not having solid front and rear axles, it's OK.

steelepathy

Postby steelepathy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:39 am

Well jeeps are pretty much what we call most 4x4s over here but I apologize. ; )

Nah stock size here is 255/65r17 on all the models. Mines a 2.5 diesel so maybe thats why the stock tyres are smaller then yours?
Alot of the accessories and stuff dont seem to be available to the euro models that the American ones have and whats stock on their models seems to be different. I actually didnt know you could get 2 wheel drive versions of these "Suv's" until I read it on this forum somewhere.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:48 am

Looks good. I neex to take some measurements to see where mine sits with the bigger tires.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:57 am

steelepathy wrote:Well jeeps are pretty much what we call most 4x4s over here but I apologize. ; )

Nah stock size here is 255/65r17 on all the models. Mines a 2.5 diesel so maybe thats why the stock tyres are smaller then yours?
Alot of the accessories and stuff dont seem to be available to the euro models that the American ones have and whats stock on their models seems to be different. I actually didnt know you could get 2 wheel drive versions of these "Suv's" until I read it on this forum somewhere.
I guess we should be proud then to be in the same category as a Jeep.

I was also surprised at how many V8 4x2 models I found when in search for my 4x4. Not so cool considering it's intended purpose and audience.

steelepathy

Postby steelepathy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:10 am

haha yeah i cant get my head around that one. why would you get a 2 wheel drive version? i know automatics are pretty much standard over there but mines a 6 speed manual which makes it that bit more fun to drive :)

akley88

Postby akley88 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:35 pm

NmexMAX wrote:
steelepathy wrote:Well jeeps are pretty much what we call most 4x4s over here but I apologize. ; )

I guess we should be proud then to be in the same category as a Jeep.

I was also surprised at how many V8 4x2 models I found when in search for my 4x4. Not so cool considering it's intended purpose and audience.
That's because people just wanted a large v8 car. I never saw the point of a 4x2 suv. It seems 4x2 suvs are common in the southwest and places that don't typically get snow.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:42 pm

akley88 wrote:
That's because people just wanted a large v8 car. I never saw the point of a 4x2 suv. It seems 4x2 suvs are common in the southwest and places that don't typically get snow.
I get my share of snow around here. You just have to know where to find it. :twisted:

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”